waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-3 forum

Old 11-11-2012, 03:36 PM

Default Re: Water level indicator

It's been a while since all my questions above but managed to get the kit installed only now... Finally decided to place the pump behind the front bumper (more dust etc. but the feed from the tank to the pump almost horizontal).

For some reason I'm not able to attach the pictures.

One question though - during the install the bracket of the 40A relay was cracked, so I wanted to replace the relay with a similar one but with more heavy duty bracket (e.g. metal and not plastic). Is it just a normal 40A automotive relay or there is something special about it?

Last edited by leman_opc; 11-11-2012 at 03:39 PM.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:57 PM

I was looking at the TR93F-12VDC-SC-A relay ( http://lib.chipdip.ru/156/DOC000156930.pdf ) as a replacement - seems to be pretty much the same as the one that came with the kit, correct?
Old 11-11-2012, 11:36 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

looks good to me.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:32 AM

Great, many thanks for prompt response!

Will post the pics in the relevant forum section when everything is done...
Old 14-11-2012, 01:38 AM

Got everything wired, purged the system ok, got the progressive spray on a staying car by revving up etc. - it's really nice that the manual is so detailed, really makes the life easier during the install.

Still have some questions though:
1. My SC dimmer on the gauge is turned clockwise to the max. Position but I still get 7 bars at the maximum load. Is it OK? I used the smallest jet from the kit an medium restrictor.
2. With DHB linked on idle I see no bars and no "B" symbol on the gauge. Does this mean that the failsafe is on due to flow outside the "safe window"? Is this normal?
3. Irrespective of DHB and DFS jumpers settings and system state (on, off, failsafe triggered etc) there is no contact between white and brown or white and black wires. Due to this I get a CEL light (fault code = open BCS circuit) and constant boost off mode, I believe - not tested this on the move though. In the meanwhile temporarily linked DFS and connected BCS as it was from the factory. What am I doing wrong?
Old 14-11-2012, 09:46 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

answers:

1. You should only set the SC trimmer to display 5-6 bars on the gauge. This way you can monitor over flow or cut hose. Medium restrictor is fine.

2. DHB will only affect the "gauge off" mode (yellow led reminder). Only the DFS (disable fail safe) will illuminate the "B" led on the gauge, reminding you the failsafe is disabled.

3. Can you check the order of wire on the grey harness is as follows:
Old 14-11-2012, 10:55 AM

Will check the wires order later on today (thanks!).

On p.2: from the manual I had an impression that B led indicates that no boost-cut is active. I.e. even if the failsafe is operational (DFS unlinked) I should still see "B" when the system is working normally and hence the BCS is operated by ECU with no HFS-3 interference. On the initial tests when revving the staying car to get some bars displayed on the gauge I think I saw "B" light blinking once the the bars appeared. WL was turned all the way counterclockwise - so I thought once at least one bar is displayed it falls in falsafe window and voila - failsafe mode turns off.

Do I now read it correctly that "B" light should appear only in DFS mode? Hence, with DFS unlinked I should not see the "B" light and the blinking I got means something is wrong?
Old 14-11-2012, 11:40 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

The "B" led (high boost enabled) only appears solid under the following conditions:

1. "B" stays on solid when DFS is linked (gauge on)
2. System is trigger... if the flow is "inside" the WL and WH. "B" l3ed stays on solid
3. System is triggered... if the flow is "outside" the WL or WH, the "B" led will turn off after a brief blink (failsafe will activate and cut boost).
Old 14-11-2012, 11:40 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

The "B" led (high boost enabled) only appears solid under the following conditions:

1. "B" stays on solid when DFS is linked (gauge on)
2. System is trigger... if the flow is "inside" the WL and WH. "B" l3ed stays on solid
3. System is triggered... if the flow is "outside" the WL or WH, the "B" led will turn off after a brief blink (failsafe will activate and cut boost soon after).
Old 14-11-2012, 03:50 PM

OK, understood, so before the system is triggered (e.g. the car is on idle, IDC is below the set threshold to activate WMI) it is correct that I have no "B" symbol on the gauge.

So, combining this outcome with the diagram on the previous page of this thread: no "B" led does not necessarily mean that the failsafe / boost off is active. E.g. in the situation above (the car is on idle, system not triggered due to IDC below the threshold, no "B" led on the gauge) the BCS is still controlled by ECU (white wire linked to brown). In case then the IDC increases and the system is triggered and the flow is outside of "safe window" the "B" led will blink but then stay off and failsafe mode would be switched on (white wire switched to black), when the IDC will the go below the system activation threshold the failsafe mode would be off once again (white wire switched back to black). Correct?

Last edited by leman_opc; 14-11-2012 at 04:02 PM.