waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-3 forum

Old 08-04-2013, 12:19 PM

Default Re: Water level indicator

Re. silicone sealant on a cable gland - I remember your advice on this, and I asked for this during the installation but for some reason it was not done...

This time I made sure I do this myself...

PS. the pump is an Aquamist item, while dealing with water injection on my car I actually gained a great confidence in Aquamist products so won't go with anything else when I had a chance to get an original replacement part...
Old 08-04-2013, 04:19 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

This one should last a bit longer.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:05 PM

Richard, I recently tried a twin jet combination intead of single jet (0,9mm -> 0,5mm + 0,3mm) and encountered a non-liner flow problem. Actually, the flow tends to burst for a couple of seconds but on a prolonged run under load the flow gets even lower to the upper revs.

On a single jet setup there was no such issue. Apart from jets and 4 mm piping to them nothing was changed.

The jets are connected via a tee supplied as a part of HFS-3 kit, after a tee there is one jet on a 7 cm hose, another jet is linked via ca 1m hose with a 15 psi checkvalve on it (also Aquamist part).

I'm now thinking whether having a 15psi checkvalve on one jet and no checkvalve on the other could cause the first jet to be blocked after the initial spray period. I don't see a good theory behind this - but this could explain flow decrease.

Did you ever experience similar issues? I'm currently thinking of getting a second checkvalve so that both jets are connected in a similar manner...
Old 13-04-2013, 08:42 AM

Added second checkvalve and the problem is gone. I suspect initial "overinjecting" period was due to cyphoning effect and water from 4mm line flowing out via preturbo jet, hence some seconds needed to fill the empty line before actual injection starts next time the system is triggered and in these seconds FAV having much lower counter pressure from jets / checkvalves side.
Old 18-04-2013, 08:30 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

you are 100% correct.