waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-3 forum

Old 17-06-2014, 09:52 AM

Default Adding jets for IC prayer?

Hi,

Using HfS-3 with two jets (0,9 and 1,0) at the moment and was thinking of adding two extra jets for external IC sprayer.
Can it be done and/or are there anything I should take into account e.g. can the pump cope with 2 internal + 2 external jets?

Thanks
Old 28-06-2014, 11:59 AM

Default Re: Adding jets for IC prayer?

Yes, I just recently did so myself! The system can handle up to 1500 CC of flow.

I am using a single .8mm jet/360 CC in the outlet of my top-mount intercooler (Subaru). I added a second .3mm jet/65 CC connected into the OUTLET line of the FAV to spray the top of the IC. I had to reset my high/low failsafe window but other than that, the system continues to work perfectly, just as it has for the last 4 years since I installed it.

It was a worthy addition - the 50/50 mix gets "misted" onto the IC and evaporates rapidly. The "butt dyno" indicates improvement at higher speeds when there is plenty of air flow through the IC, enabling additional cooling from the evaporating boost juice.

A few photos of my install;

Old 28-06-2014, 01:33 PM

Thanks for sharing. This is about the same what I was after although I?m already running almost 850cc/min (@2bar of boost) which is something +900cc/min at free flow. so I?m not sure where are the limits of the pump if I added two extra jets but looks like I would be OK if adding 2x 0.3mm jets.

btw What are the 0.3mm filtered jets for as they are different for normal jets? Are they ment to be used externally due the filtering?

Was thinking of adding 2x T-pieces to the same place where the current T-piece is to split the 4mm hoses to both intake pressure pipes.
Old 28-06-2014, 02:17 PM
Howerton Engineering

Brilliant install. looks great.

The .3mm jets are filtered because the jet hole is so small, and the spinner grooves very shallow it will plug with debris very easily. Lesson learned from years ago so filters were added to mitigate this.
Old 28-06-2014, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howerton Engineering View Post
The .3mm jets are filtered because the jet hole is so small, and the spinner grooves very shallow it will plug with debris very easily. Lesson learned from years ago so filters were added to mitigate this.
Thanks for clarifying. Am I OK with my setup if I?ll add 2x0.4mm jets for my current setup and there?s no danger of clogging those small jets?

What is the difference between those two 0.4mm (B vs C) jets on the chart?
http://www.aquamist-direct.com/806-3...or-4mm-hose-r/
Which one is nro. 806-301?

Last edited by Arthurwiljami; 28-06-2014 at 03:31 PM.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:26 PM

Was thinking of doing this myself, how does adding another jet spraying the intercooler affect the spray to the original jet?

Does it mean my engine would see less water/meth as some of it is going onto intercooler jet?
Old 12-05-2015, 07:25 AM

To bump this up, what jet size is good for external spraying on to the IC, is 0.4mm/150cc/min too much or would I be better to go with smallest 80cc/min?

Thanks
Old 12-05-2015, 01:35 PM
Howerton Engineering

I would think you only need the smallest jet.