waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-4 forum

Old 21-05-2013, 08:56 PM

Default VW Golf R - Aquamist HFS-4

Hi all,

I have a MK6 Golf R with a custom ECU Tune which is similar to Stage 2+ (FMIC, TBE, HPFP, etc...) The car produce about 375 crank hp including HFS-4 System with 100 octane race file.
I bought this system because of the poor octane quality in Turkey (less than 95 RON). As I mentioned , I use a file with 100 Octane and have some questions...

1) I used two nozzles; one of them is 1,0 mm and the other is 1,2 mm. Is it enough for my vehicle or is it too much?

2)Both of the nozzles are located in the middle of the throttle pipe. Here is a pic:

Is is okay or would you recommend something different?

3) The flow begins in 3k rpm levels. Should it begin earlier or is this level ideal for my vehicle which has a K04 Turbo.

4) What can be the best water/methanol mixture for my setup. Because of the poor octane quality I need to reach 100 octane with high rate of methanol. How is 30% Water - 70% Methanol?
Old 21-05-2013, 09:57 PM

Default Re: VW Golf R - Aquamist HFS-4

Did you log the car at all and see how much timing are you pulling? Direct port injection would be way better than spraying all that meth into the tb pipe. Your throttle body might fail because of that. I think your nozzles might be a bit too much. .6mm nozzle in the tb pipe and .8mm after the throttle body (get a throttle body spacer and mount the nozzle there) should be enough.