waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Theory (what it is and what it does) > Injection Mixtures

Old 05-03-2006, 11:11 AM

steam yes, by all means

But neither oxygen nor hydrogen get released.
Don't make the mistake that some poeple think it's like nitrous oxide releasing oxygen under combustion conditions. That one is different. :wink:

John

www.max-boost.co.uk
Old 05-03-2006, 02:21 PM

Default superoxygenated water/methanol injection

At 572F nitrous oxide breaks down to nitrogen and oxygen?http://members.aol.com /agspeed/nos.htm#1 :?
Old 06-03-2006, 09:03 AM

thereabouts, it's a temp/pressure combination.
Water is much harder to break down on a molecular level.

John

www.max-boost.co.uk
Old 06-03-2006, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnA
thereabouts, it's a temp/pressure combination.
Water is much harder to break down on a molecular level.
Very true. But it is all about the post expandion of pre-injected water. :shock:
Old 06-03-2006, 04:32 PM

With any technology that exists today, gaseous oxygen is not obtainable from water. Unless you have an unlimited cheap access to lightning :shock:

The main problem is that is takes so much more energy to create O2, than you could reap from it. It can be done, but it escalates fuel cost.
Old 06-03-2006, 04:51 PM

You don't need more oxygen to get more expandion.
Old 08-03-2006, 08:56 AM

I wish I had read this thread earlier.

I would like to try an H2O2 setup. I can't see running it being much more of a problem than running water. The real problem is going to be simply storing it so that it doesn't give up those extra oxygen molecules. I also haven't located any sources yet (I've yet to even try) but I've been told you can get "food grade" h2o2 relatively cheap, which is 60%.

I'm thinking the net result of adding H2O2 to the combustion chamber will be an immediate release of the extra oxgyen, and the resulting water flashing to steam... a nice combination of the two things we're trying to accomplish (add oxgyen and further expansion). I'd be injecting it as close to the head as possible.

I wanted to try a dual setup, pre-turbo water with meth injection at the TB. Now I'm thinking of doing direct-port H2O2 instead of the meth. It'll certainly be easier and probably cheaper to get H2O2. My goal is to eliminate the intercooler.

For the pre-compressor setup, I plan on building a tank to store in the engine bay. That way, the tank will be at ambient engine bay temps, pretty warm, and should give better atomization.

There is a wealth of information nuggets in this thread and a lot of stuff I either didn't know or hadn't considered before. I hope we can keep the discussion going. As far as the superoxygenated water goes, it certainly makes sense to me to pressurize the tank with oxygen, but only if it's a cost-effective solution (which it probably isn't) because I think it's been shown it won't make too much of a difference.
Old 08-03-2006, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarson
... it certainly makes sense to me to pressurize the tank with oxygen, but only if it's a cost-effective solution (which it probably isn't) because I think it's been shown it won't make too much of a difference.
It may also be wise to ensure that it doesn't become a fire hazard

John

www.max-boost.co.uk
Old 09-03-2016, 11:11 PM

Default Re: Superoxygenated Water/Methanol Injection

So... about that H202 stuff.

Has anyone tried using that 6% solution to see if it acts as a catalyst? I.E Faster fuel ignition with the help of water as pre-ignition buffer?

Back in the days of making rocket fuel 1% red iron oxide would tremendously change the burn rate of our propellant. I can only imagine if H202 would have a similar effect in I.C.E engines
Old 15-03-2016, 08:38 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: Superoxygenated Water/Methanol Injection

I will be very interested to hear the results. Not sure what it will do to the wetted components along the way. H2O2 is a very powerful oxidant.