waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Theory (what it is and what it does) > General Effects

Old 08-04-2009, 01:32 AM

Default Too much water....?

Hello everone, I'm injecting around 775ml/minute of 50:50 water methanol, which is obviously far more than anyone else I have read about in terms of flow per litre displacement. I'm going to get fit an exhaust gas temperature sensor in the next few weeks to see what effects that is having on peek temps. If the temps are dropping with the water/methanol injection then I'll increase the percentage of methanol to achive a constant temp on and off methanol. This should give more power and I can see no potential threat to the engine from this so long as the temp are no higher than standard. Obviously an excess of liquid being injected would pose a threat to the engine through over presurising. So Two questions for people :

1) Do you think I am sticking in far too much liquid?

2) Do you think it is a good idea to adjust ratios to maintain a constant temp rather than a drop?
Old 21-04-2009, 10:22 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

1) I have injected 600% water into diesel enignes, it still runs, not very smooth, but it did'nt stall.
2) As long as you avoid the destructive EGT, you can continue to pump water/methanol in to extract more power.

I have spent sometime analysing the logged data from the dieselmax project. It appeared to me water and avoid the destructive temperature build up in a 5bar bar manifold pressured diesel engine. Without water, the engine was only safe at 550BHP rather reaching a goal of 750 target.
http://www.aquamist.co.uk/dieselmax

The constraits for power production are:
1) melting point of the internal components
2) mechanical strength of the components.