waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Theory (what it is and what it does) > General Effects

Old 10-05-2008, 11:01 AM

Default Jet location on a turbo Focus...

Hi guys, just after some suggestions as to where I should locate the jet in my install?

I've got a 2.0 Focus (2002, UK) with 8:1 compression ratio, which'll be running around 15PSI on a GT25RS when it's been mapped.

Now my project is getting nearer completion, I need to start putting all the final parts together, one of which is placing the Aquamist jet...

Any suggestions please!?

The jet size I've got is 0.4mm... Seems to be a mixed opinion of where to fit it so I'm just looking for some advice as to where to put it on mine? Also, any suggestions as to what PSI I should have the WI activating at?

Thanks!
Old 28-05-2008, 05:54 PM

My first thought would be a nozzle at the 90degree bend of the red pipe.
If that were aiming right at the middle of the curve, with air rushing in it would probably be spraying straight into the intake, which would then split amongst the cylinders reasonably well.

Best of all of course is port injection, avoiding all turns and ensuring perfect distribution, but that is more involved.

John

www.max-boost.co.uk
Old 01-06-2008, 07:25 PM

Nice one, cheers for that mate!

The car's over in the garage getting mapped now anyways, so I've left the fitment down to him... He's pretty clued up on tuning and all the bits that come with it, so I'll just trust his judgement on it now...

Direct port could be an eventual winner... I may fit NOS at a later date via direct port injection, so could do all this at the same point...

Cheers mate!