waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Old 06-06-2007, 12:15 AM

Default Baffleing water injection tank?.

Due to the amount of water/meth I`m injecting into the engine I`ve had to fit a bigger 23l tank in the boot.

I`ve had to lay it nearly flat for space and ease of filling. Problem now is the water will slosh around during cornering etc and I need to stop this happening, there`s a primer pump fitted but it`ll still cause problems with lower water levels.

Has anyone any one here experience with baffleing tanks?, even some pics would be helpfull. Can you buy foam to do the job?.

Cheers, Keith.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:05 PM

When it comes to supply tanks and fluid sloshing around try and use taller tanks. You might even try to use two taller tanks hooked up inline in order to gain capacity. The other option is using a fuel cell, fuel cells have large filler openings that allow for fuel cell foam to be installed to cut down the effect of fluid sloshing, plastic gas tanks and windshield washer tanks have openings that are too small to get the foam into. Stick to plastic or stainless tanks, methanol when sitting will eat into aluminum and cause pieces of aluminum to be suspended in the fluid, these will then clog filters and jets
Old 09-06-2007, 10:58 PM

Cheers for the reply, I`ve managed to mount it tall side up so that`s eliminated 1/2 the slosh problem, my options now are laying some foam in the bottom 1/4 of the tank or using a secondary tank that`s filled up via the main tank, haven`t found anything suitable yet though.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:13 PM

The company that makes these is called Flambeau What I linked above is a 4qt tank but they do have larger and smaller tanks.

http://fluids.flambeau.com/standard_...4.0_quart.html

Using 2 tanks one large and one small is not a bad idea, one larger supply tank feeding a smaller delivery tank located lower then the larger supply tank might help cut down on the sloshing since the smaller tank if fitted correctly should be almost filled up all the time. If you do get a smaller tank to run with the larger tank make sure to get a sealed cap with it and not vented.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:10 AM

if nothing else will work try running and outlet line from the two extreme sides Y them together with a none reverse flow coupler in each line.