waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Water/Methanol database on specific model of cars > Your one-stop search for water/methanol injected cars

Old 28-05-2009, 03:21 PM

Default HFS-6 on a RX 7 FD3S (rotary)

Hello WI freinds

I have been reading allmost anything the past 2 years about WI and got a pretty good insight how it works and why it would be good on a rotary, but it was thank's to this thread I at last bought a kit, and what a luck, Aquamist was about to launch their new HFS-6 WI and I was in the group buy ! I got the kit 5 days ago and I can only say, it looks promising ;o) I have spoken to Richard a couple of times and he is a very clever guy who knows everything about WI but he still has something to learn about the rotary he says, so he would be very happy if people who actually have installed WI on their rotary would post pic's/comments/bennefits and installation writeups about how people run it in their rotaries ! I have promissed him to give him a lot of feedback about how my installation/experience with the HFS-6 kit goes, right now I am just trying to figure out where to start ! maybe you guys could help me a little ;o)

1. Where is the best place to install the injector noozle ?
2. Should I use 1 or 2 ? (I think I can adjust the flow of the injectors from the controller)
3. I plan to use the washer tank, is it big enough and where would a good place for the pump be ?
4. If better use a trunk tank, any suggestions (pic's/installations)
5. Where to place the controller module/flow module/DDS3 gauge and how to run the wiring ?

Here is the specs for my car:

13B, rebuilt stage 2 modification stock twin turbo, Greddy intercooler, KOYO radiator, Blitz sonic power intake, Downpipe Pettit , Midpipe Pettit, Racing Beat catback, removed air pump, removed secondary valves, Boost Controller Greddy Profec B-Spec 2, Apexi Power FC (already tuned), Apexi Power FC Commander

Low boost is set to 0,6 High boost is set to 0,9 ( Dyno, see picture)

The car will mostly be a dayli driver but will be at trackdays once a while, I know it's a lot of questions, but I really hope you guys will help me, thank you very much.

Rene Barfred
DENMARK

Old 30-05-2009, 11:56 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: HFS-6 on a RX 7 FD3S (rotary)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rene Barfred
Hello WI freinds

1. Where is the best place to install the injector noozle ?
2. Should I use 1 or 2 ? (I think I can adjust the flow of the injectors from the controller)
3. I plan to use the washer tank, is it big enough and where would a good place for the pump be ?
4. If better use a trunk tank, any suggestions (pic's/installations)
5. Where to place the controller module/flow module/DDS3 gauge and how to run the wiring ?
possible answers to your questions:

1. Where possible, place the jet as far away from the throttle as possible. This allows more tiome for the water/methanol to evaporate. During this process, heat in being absorbed. As the drop evaporates, the droplet size reduces. Smaller droplet promotes better cyclinder distribution.

2. The HFS-6 is designed for trunk mounted. No reson whereit can be placed in the engine bay. But there is a risk for exposing the pump to the elements. Although the pump is zinc plated, but it is a sacrificial coating.

3. The tank and pump should alway be close to each other.

4. --

5. Th econtroller should be place inside the car or grove compartment. This give instant access to user. Allow adequate length to ease inspection.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:38 PM

Hello Richard,

Thank's for your reply to my Q's.

I have some few more

1. What size noozle for injecting would you recommend for my setup ? I am running stock 2x550cc injectors for primary and stock 2x850cc injectors for secondaries.
2. Where would you put the flow module ? in the engine compartment (see pic.) or inside the car ?
3. How big should the tank be do you think ? in liter's please :lol:
4. I have looked at the RX 7 summer going with my kit, do you have to open the summer to adjust the flow according to fuelinjector size ?
5. Most RX 7 owners install the waterinjector noozle just in the beginning of the Greddy intake elbow (see pic of my engine) is this the optimal place or would you belive another place would be better ?

I am very pleased with the quality of the whole kit, it looks fantastic

I hope to begin the installation soon, and will of course post comments/pictures of it all.

Thank you very much.

Rene
DENMARK
Old 20-06-2009, 12:40 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Sorry for the delayed reply.

1. Your total fuel capacity is 2800cc/min. Check the cc against the chart on page 8
- 100% water ......... 10-15%
- M50:W50 ......... 15-20%
- 100% methanol ........ 20-25%

Use a bigger jet because the HFS-6 can trim it down electronically.

2. I would put the flow FCM in a dry and cool engine bay area, away from a water spray (car wash) and rain.

3. The tank should be at least 4 litres.

4. I believe I have alredu set the 550/850 on the summer. Please check it just ot make sure.

5. As close to the exit of the intercooler the better.
Old 21-06-2009, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L
Sorry for the delayed reply.

1. Your total fuel capacity is 2800cc/min. Check the cc against the chart on page 8
- 100% water ......... 10-15%
- M50:W50 ......... 15-20%
- 100% methanol ........ 20-25%

Use a bigger jet because the HFS-6 can trim it down electronically.

2. I would put the flow FCM in a dry and cool engine bay area, away from a water spray (car wash) and rain.

3. The tank should be at least 4 litres.

4. I believe I have alredu set the 550/850 on the summer. Please check it just ot make sure.

5. As close to the exit of the intercooler the better.
Hi Richard :smile:

Thank.s for your reply !

1. ok, I got the 0.8/0.9/1.0 mm jet in my kit, so you think I should use the 1.0 mm jet (biggest) ?

4. How do I check that on the summer ?

Looking forward to hear from you thank's again.

Rene Barfred
DENMARK
Old 07-07-2009, 09:01 PM

Hi Richard, still not sure of the above, looking forward to hear from you, thank's.

Best regards

Rene Barfred
DENMARK
Old 11-02-2010, 08:37 PM

I'm interested in this reply too...
Old 14-02-2010, 11:14 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rene Barfred
Hi Richard, still not sure of the above, looking forward to hear from you, thank's.

Best regards

Rene Barfred
DENMARK
I would put the 1mm on (~500cc/min), around 15-20% of your fuel. The flow on the HFS-6 is adjustable so 1mm gives you a great deal of freedom to go either way.

Richard