waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Theory (what it is and what it does) > Intercooler Effects

Old 04-03-2004, 11:19 PM

Default Looking into WI

I have a
1993 eagle Talon TSI (awd)
electronic boost controller, SAFC, walburg 255 fuel pump, 660cc injectors 2.5 upper and lower IC pipes, highflow IC, big 16G (ported) exhaust mani (ported), 3'' turbo back exhaust, highflow muffler, boost and EGT gages, apexi turbo timer with A/f read out, i also have DSM logger that gives more read outs than i would ever want (knock, and timing advance is included)

I want to spray right after the intercooler and push more boost I'll take some pictures tonight i have my battery relocated to my trunk, but if i tap into power near the alternator would that be the same as placing the pump near the battery? (the missing battery leaves a perfect spot for an instilation.)

projected HP gains are 80-90HP correct? I estimate i am near 300 HP at the crank with my current set up (18 psi on pump gass)

anything i need to take into consideration?
Old 05-03-2004, 04:38 AM

Good to see that you are staying busy doing your "homework". This site is an excellent place to do just that...
Old 05-03-2004, 06:11 AM

Here's my engine bay(just snowed up here so the whole car is really dirt :P ) the battery USED to be in the upper left hand side right behind the strut, this is the location i want to install the majority of the injection equipment (bottle, pump, ect..)
I'll prolly construct some sort of heatshield after i get it all tucked in that corner

some more angles for better perspective