waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Old 08-07-2008, 03:39 PM

Default will race pump supply two 10gph misting nozzles?

I found an 1/8" male BSPP to 1/8" female NPT adapter to come out of the pump with...then going to use a 1/8" male NPT to 1/4" OD tube push-to-connect 90 elbow...
plan on using 1/4" tubing from this fitting to a stainless check valve w/ 1/4" OD tube push-to-connect fittings each end...
then to 1/4" OD tube push-to-connect "y"...
then on to two nozzle holders fitted with two outside mount 10gph misting nozzles...
running straight methanol...
I know the risk of running straight methanol and it's potential effects on the pump, but have been running it this way for over a year now with a 1.0mm ERL nozzle...
my only question is will the race pump support this set-up?
if not...will a priming pump and/or pulse extender help meet my needs?
OR...is a shurflo my only option?
If I read the info here and understand it correctly, the race pump's psi rating is fine for this set-up...just not sure about the flow rate...

thanks in advance for your input on this...

al
Old 08-07-2008, 04:31 PM

btw...
this set-up is on a ProCharged (P1SC) LS1, approx. 8.9:1CR, Patriot Stage III (6.0L) heads, forged bottom end...
in a 4900# extended cab Silverado...
Old 08-07-2008, 06:42 PM

no one?
Old 08-07-2008, 08:29 PM

let's try it this way...
can the 'race pump' support .333gpm?
20gph divided by 60min/hr = .333gpm
forged LS1 + Patriot Stage III heads + Patrick G spec'd TR grind Comp Cam + ProCharger + High Tech Transmissions + Ultimate Converter Concepts + tuned by cablebandit @ MSS + Exotic Exhaust & Fabrication custom exhaust
Old 10-07-2008, 12:58 PM

confirmed w/ Richard that the thread on the pump's outlet is actually BSPP instead of BSPT as I thought originally...so...I found an adapter from 1/8 male BSPP (ISO Parallel) to 1/8 female NPT...going to use that with a commonly used 1/8 male NPT to 1/4 OD tube push-to-connect elbow coming out of the pump instead...I changed it in the first post as well...

still..no one knows if the race pump will support the two nozzles listed?
forged LS1 + Patriot Stage III heads + Patrick G spec'd TR grind Comp Cam + ProCharger + High Tech Transmissions + Ultimate Converter Concepts + tuned by cablebandit @ MSS + Exotic Exhaust & Fabrication custom exhaust
Old 13-07-2008, 10:52 AM

My race pump flowed 600cc/min with a primer pump, the Shurflo was used when I went over to 1.5l/min. You may be better taking the time to fit the Shurflow as it can cope with any future upgrades, plus if you`re injecting straight methanol you`ll probably end up injecting quite a lot of it!.
Old 15-07-2008, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithmac
My race pump flowed 600cc/min with a primer pump, the Shurflo was used when I went over to 1.5l/min. You may be better taking the time to fit the Shurflow as it can cope with any future upgrades, plus if you`re injecting straight methanol you`ll probably end up injecting quite a lot of it!.
well, that equates to only 9.6gph...half of what my goal is...
did you get 600cc/min because that was the largest nozzles you tried?
I'll give it a shot and see...maybe I'll HAVE to go to the ShurFlo...
thanks for the posted info...
Old 15-07-2008, 09:16 PM

I had a variety of nozzles in my setup and measured it into a jug at for a 30 sec run of the pump. Best bet it to fit them and the primer and have a look at the atomisation and also measure the delivery, also bear in mind the effect manifold pressure will have when the jets are fitted to the car.

I think 600cc/min has been banded around on here for the max usable flow from the pump, your other option is to run 2 race pumps..

I`ve got another car that will use the ERL pump, so the Shurflo was an easy decission for me, also it was guarnteed 100% methanol safe (I run 75%meth / 25% water and found this was the best mix for limiting knock.
Old 20-07-2008, 02:19 AM