waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Old 09-04-2006, 06:01 PM

Default trying to form my own opinion but

im getting a r32 gtst skyline next week i have brought a Jap ecu for it central 20 racing which is prob gonna be mapped for jap fuel

i guessed the way forward is to use water / methanol 50-50 to increase the octane a point or 2

the main question is ive seen a kit i like without a solonoid which uses the checkvalve to flow the water it has a cracking pressure of 40lb so wont open on idle. what do people think of not usnig a solonoid?

cheers all
Old 09-04-2006, 08:49 PM

I run the Aqaumist checkvalve and have had no problems with it for the past 2 years.
Old 09-04-2006, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithmac
I run the Aqaumist checkvalve and have had no problems with it for the past 2 years.
so a check valve and no solonoid?

also just read that methanol is carcenagenic!!!!!!! whats the risk when running in on the car?
Old 10-04-2006, 12:08 AM

Yep, no solenoid (but I don`t run the HSV either). I just use de-min water, no methanol, I suppose as long as you`re carefull when filling and don`t breath the fumes you should be fine. Benzine`s carcenagenic so everytime you fill up with unleaded and smell the fumes you're at risk, lost count of the times I`ve had fuel on my hands fixing cars and bikes, plus used engine oil`s even worse..
Old 10-04-2006, 08:55 AM

Paint thinners are the best (xylene/toluene etc)
Yes, inhaling them kills brain cells :cry: , but what the hell, they smell good :twisted:

So what if we're left with the IQ of a dead plant, who wants to live forever :?

Seriously, be careful to only use these things in open spaces, and avoid even contact with the skin. They attack the bloodstream through osmosis - even petrol does that, wish I know this when I was younger and used to wash my hands with it. :roll:

John

www.max-boost.co.uk
Old 10-04-2006, 10:11 AM

sorry whats a hsv?

would a check valve and no solonoid react quick enough or would you have to adjust your firing boost to suit?
Old 11-04-2006, 04:32 AM

Well HSV (high speed valve) is the same solenoid type valve but can operate at high speeds/same as fuel injector (maybe a bit quiker from what i read)
Depending on your set up, check valve can do. The delay will came from need to build up krack presure. For this reason you can simply compensate with a bit earlier activation of the pump.
As long as you have check valve that will hold manifold vacuum i cannot see the problem.
Comments anyone?
Old 11-04-2006, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple
Well HSV (high speed valve) is the same solenoid type valve but can operate at high speeds/same as fuel injector (maybe a bit quiker from what i read)
Depending on your set up, check valve can do. The delay will came from need to build up krack presure. For this reason you can simply compensate with a bit earlier activation of the pump.
As long as you have check valve that will hold manifold vacuum i cannot see the problem.
Comments anyone?
#

would the system not function as well as the crack pressure is only 2 bar so the pump would need to get up to 8-10 bar against a open flow instead of a soloniod keeping it at 8 bar for release at 8 bar?
Old 11-04-2006, 10:37 PM

any further thoughts on the check valve a i thought you would end up injecting at 3 bar until it builds the pressure up to 8-10bar?