waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-3 forum

Old 14-01-2010, 08:09 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

As promised, the machined body of the HFS-2 dash switch has arrived from the anodiser today, delayed by the recent heavy snow fall last week. We assembled it and took a few pictures. The image is animated to show how the system work in real life. An information much needed before the GB starts in two days time on the aqaumist forum.

Old 16-01-2010, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L
Yes, The list will be up by the weekend. Sorry for the delay, there are a great deal of background work.
oh boy.. im waiting too..
Old 16-01-2010, 07:00 AM
Howerton Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L
Yes, The list will be up by the weekend. Sorry for the delay, there are a great deal of background work.
oh boy.. im waiting too..
That's what we like to hear. Hopefully we have a good group buy with these systems. If we can exceed the HFS-6 introduction it will be very good.
Old 22-01-2010, 12:34 AM

Quote:
If we can exceed the HFS-6 introduction it will be very good.
What was the total for the hfs-6 just out of curiosity.

thanks
Old 22-01-2010, 12:39 AM
Howerton Engineering

I think 60+ worldwide.
Old 24-01-2010, 01:52 PM

Question:

- What is the maximum amount of methanol % the system can run?
- Can the system run ethanol? What is the maximum % of ethanol supported?
- Will the system come with any documentations as to installation and/or parts required? So far I can see I need a water tank, but is there anything else i need? Filters, hoses etc

Thanks
Old 24-01-2010, 08:28 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat32
Question:

- What is the maximum amount of methanol % the system can run?
- Can the system run ethanol? What is the maximum % of ethanol supported?
- Will the system come with any documentations as to installation and/or parts required? So far I can see I need a water tank, but is there anything else i need? Filters, hoses etc

Thanks
- 100% methanol is used on the HFS-6 system (same pump) since March this year with no report of pump failure of leak. As far as the pump manufacturer (aquatec, USA) the pump is resistant to methanol

- I think ethanol is possible but not confirmed by aquatec - thinking of running a secondary fuel system?

- The system will come with a user manual similar to the (HFS-6). It comes with every thing except the water tank. Download the HFS-6 user manual so that you can get an impression on what is supplied and how the manual is written. You can see the in-tank filter (blue item) on the product picture.

http://www.aquamist.co.uk/HFS6/HFS-6-4w.pdf
Old 25-01-2010, 10:29 AM

What are the differences between this kit and the HFS-6?

Why is the small tube, that is attached next to the pump of the HFS-6 system, missing on this one?

Are there any guide lines as to how the car should be programed to run this kit?
Old 25-01-2010, 12:02 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

The HFS-3 cannot (compared to the HFS-6):
- offset against the initial F-IDC - the F-IDC threshold % = starting point of meth flow %
- It doesn't have manifold pressure compensation, but can use it as a reference for injection (see below).
- alter the failsafe reset period = pegged at 3 seconds
- read "Direct Injection" pulses such as the 335i or Audi FSI pulses
- control a MAC valve directly as with the HFS-6

The HFS-3 can:
- scale-up/down the incoming F-IDC for car with very large fuel injector that doesn't run up to 100%.
- You can run the system based on boost or IDC only. In single stage or progressive mode.

The HFS-6 is more suited for engine with large turbo with power beyond 550whp.
Old 25-01-2010, 04:25 PM
Howerton Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiGiTaLBee
What are the differences between this kit and the HFS-6?

Why is the small tube, that is attached next to the pump of the HFS-6 system, missing on this one?

Are there any guide lines as to how the car should be programed to run this kit?
I think the small tube you are referring to is possibly the accumulator. This unit is used to smooth out any pulses apparent in the lines due to the nature of the pump. I have not used a kit without an accumulator so Richard will have let you know the effects of removing it from the system. My guess would be it may change slightly between each application due to flow rates etc. but Richard is the authority on the subject.

As for programming, there are general guidelines one can follow but your best bet is to contact other users of the system with similar vehicles/applications to yourself and inquire as to settings/tuners that have been used. Maybe we can have some feedback on this forum for you one of the other sections if you post a few questions there.