waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-07-2010, 08:24 PM

Default Yes, another "WTF do I need?" question.

Hello everyone,

I'm working on a science project and I need to lower IAT's a bit.

I'm thinking the HFS6 would work great for my needs, but I'm still not quite certain as to what size nozzle I would need.

I am interested in a dual nozzle set-up, post Intercoolers (one nozzle per intercooler). I've read up on pros and cons of pre-turbo injection, and frankly, I don't feel like washing out the turbo compressor wheels.

Engine is an M275 6 Liter Twin Turbocharged Mercedes Engine in a CL65 AMG.
The engine is making 704 ft lbs of torque and 535 Ponies at the wheels. Accounting for 18% drive train loss, it's making 830/631 at the crank. AFR at WOT is right around 13.4 as read by a dyno sniffer.

I would like to bring the IAT's down a bit, as it gets pretty toasty in that engine compartment - and by extension, that heat transfers to the intake air on top of the turbos heating it up-. Pre-turbo IAT's are about 10 degrees F over ambient and post turbo are about 40-50 cruising, depending on ambient temperature. They do spike up to 70 above ambient when driving in city traffic though.

With that said, what size nozzles would the gurus recommend? Remember, I need TWO of them.

I would like to be able to turn the WI system off when I don't really need it, like when on the highway or even when running about set PSI on the WI controller. The plan is to run a 3 or 4 gallon trunk mounted tank with the pump in the back by/in the tank.

Thank you for any suggestions and/or insight.