waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Old 29-12-2012, 01:50 AM

Default Nozzle location recommendation

Hi everyone

Almost everything I have read about nozzle location suggests just after the intercooler as the best location. That is also the easiest for me (I have ~1.5m of pipework before the plenum), however the intake air has to take a couple of turns before getting into the plenum itself - the last is 90 degree (sorry, tried to attach pic but not working).

Would this cause the water/meth to condense on the outside of the bends?

I have a plug at the back of the plenum that would make a decent injection point, but want to achieve the best results. can anyone (Richard?) offer some input?

Cheers.
Old 30-12-2012, 07:21 PM
Howerton Engineering

Default Re: Nozzle location recommendation

Placing the jet at the exit of the IC offers the best opportunity of evaporation and mixing of the droplets to achieve the least amount of collection in any corners, and more importantly the most even distribution to all the cylinders.
Old 30-12-2012, 11:42 PM

Thanks for your reply.

Does that theory (minimal collection in corners) still stand after 2 relatively sharp bends?

I can't attach a pic for some reason, but the drawing in this link gives some indication of just how sharp the bends are, especially the last one.

http://www.megazip.ru/ru/auto/nissan...0/58463#g58575

To get to the back cylinder, the air/water mix has to pass thru the TB, around a ~75 deg bend, around a 90 deg bend them immediately do another 90 degress (sharp - no bend). If the water droplets are fully suspended in the airstream, I think it would work well. But would the inertia on the droplets cause some/most of them to hit the pipe on the outside of the bends & drop out of suspension?

Opposite the back cylinder is a welsh plug - that was my alternative location to inject the water/meth.

I'm more than happy to mount the nozzle just after my fmic (as it's easier), but having seen the pic, does that change your opinion?

Thanks in advance.
Old 31-12-2012, 04:49 PM
Howerton Engineering

I don't see the intake drawing in the link.
Old 31-12-2012, 11:43 PM

Mmm, strange. It works for me but have to wait a while for it to get to the right drawing.