waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Old 08-01-2007, 11:30 AM
Banned

Default What setup for a 2.8 v6 vw engine with Screw charger.

Hello all

My first post on here but Ive used aquamist in the past in my 16vg60 corrado but sold car on and kept the kit.

Im now looking to buy a Passat 2.8 v6 thats had a PES supercharger kit put on. It's same setup as a AMG engine with EAton screw charger and I think a few supercharged Jag's are V engines with screw charges ontop.

Anyhow my questions is im assuming you cant run aquamist before the screw charger so is there small enough water jets I can put in the inlet channels to the engine on the inlet plenum?

I.e I woild run 6 small water jets as its a V6

thank you in advance
Old 17-01-2007, 11:50 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: What setup for a 2.8 v6 vw engine with Screw charger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aposegil
Hello all

My first post on here but Ive used aquamist in the past in my 16vg60 corrado but sold car on and kept the kit.

Im now looking to buy a Passat 2.8 v6 thats had a PES supercharger kit put on. It's same setup as a AMG engine with EAton screw charger and I think a few supercharged Jag's are V engines with screw charges ontop.

Anyhow my questions is im assuming you cant run aquamist before the screw charger so is there small enough water jets I can put in the inlet channels to the engine on the inlet plenum?

I.e I woild run 6 small water jets as its a V6

thank you in advance
How much room do you have? Is it possibe to post a picture of the manifold?
Old 31-01-2007, 11:47 AM
Banned

thats a pic of the engine bay can prob get a better one

also if i didnt go for 6 small ones what size single one before throttle body should I use?
Old 31-01-2007, 11:37 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Wow, that is a monster.

You can run six 0.3mm jets but you need checkbavalve (to stop siphoning) and a priming pump to increase the capacity of the aquamist pump.

We only make the same size jet, aren't they small enough?

Richard
Old 13-02-2007, 03:16 PM

Little off topic, but, man, there's barely any belt-wrap on that blower pulley! I'd be extremely surprised if it isn't slipping a good deal.

Does your boost drop off at higher RPM?
Old 19-02-2007, 04:39 PM
Banned

bripab007 - there is a pritty strong self tensioner and Ive not heard any but others on the s/c audi forum never seen any belt slip

the belt just touch the power steering belt and that never slips so im guessing its fine

Richard L - thank you for the response. As im new to all the W/I im just seeing what woudl be the best setup. Reason I mention 6 little ones means get even amount in each cyclinder where the one big single before throttle body would mean it doesnt distribute that well?

the other thing Ive found is that if I put six smalls ones the ECU doesnt realise its getting cooler intake temps so still fuel for hot

so mabe big single best?

whats you opinion
Old 02-05-2007, 11:44 AM
Banned

Hello Richard Ive sent you a email as you havent been in the office.

As the car ready to go for mapping soon I would like to know whats the best option for me and buy all the nessary parts I need.

Thank you in advance

alex
Old 02-05-2007, 11:33 PM

What`s your main objective, knock control or chargecooling?. I run a V6 with a log manifold and have ended up going port injection with 6 jets, the single jet route didn`t really give me the results I was looking for, I`m using WI mainly for knock supression.