waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Old 11-06-2016, 02:16 PM

Default Jet fixing & flow

Hi, I've had a few issues trying to get my WI system to work properly, in that I can't seem to get the desired flow from the correct jets.

I have a 2C system that is being controlled by an after market ECU which is able to map the WI effectively for RPM vs Manifold Pressure and send different duty cycle to the HSV (therefore controlling the flow rate).

I'm trying to use a 0.7mm jet (red collar), but at 100% duty cycle its only flowing around 180cc/min (tested by timing 1min of flow into a jar). I've read that the system uses an adjustable pressure switch to regulate injection pressure, set to 5bar from factory which makes sense as the graph for 0.7mm jet suggests around 180cc/min @ 70psi. The issue is I can't seem to figure out how to adjust this. Ideally 9bar on a 0.7mm jet would suit me well.

Secondly, in the removing my jet from my intercooler and reinstalling it, I seem to have stripped the threads on my intercooler (i guess easily done on thin-walled aluminium...). My plan to rectify this is to weld a second aluminium plate over the existing hole, and tap the plate to hold the jet. The problem I see with this is I would move the jet further out of the flow of air in the intercooler. Would this be a problem, and if so, is there an ideal depth that the nozzle should protrude into the flow of air, or is injection anywhere into the flow ok?

Many thanks for your help.

Jon
Old 13-06-2016, 06:32 AM

Default Re: Jet fixing & flow

The pressure switch has a adjustment screw on it. You need to fit a manometer to the pressure line and adjust until you are at your target pressure.

My old race pump was rather sensitive to inlet flow resistance. A priming pump is one way to solve this. It also increases flow to some 600cc a minute. I build a control module using a micro controller. At some point I had a issue with the priming pump and also found that the pump was flowing about half of what it should.

I replaced it with a membrane pump still running the rest of the 2c system.