waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Theory (what it is and what it does) > Intercooler Effects

Old 06-05-2006, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnA
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrex180
So John whats best to look at then EGT rather than IAT with WI?
Neither :wink:
Knock would be my main consideration

EGTs are affected precious little by W.I. (strange but true!)
IATs are affected only a tiny bit - depends mainly on the location of the nozzle, post-ic temps and methanol content

Emergence of knock's ugly head is what WI is meant to fight best.
On the subject of knock, i been having a few issues with my boost control solenoid virtully since i took the intercooler off and the car has only been running 12-15 psi when it should run 18psi, i havent worried about it until the new 3-port boost solenoid arrives(which is sometime away) and a re-tune . But today i put on my old manual bleed valve in a set the boost to 17psi and the once the revs got around 4500 WOT full Boost the knocklink would light up like a christmas tree but i backed out of it before i got the red light up, this is scary stuff :shock: :shock: so either my WI isn't working or bad fuel or i just can't run anywhere near the same tune as before with the intercooler??

Andy C
Old 06-05-2006, 01:56 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Do you have any means of monitoring water flow? an inline pressure gauge may work quite well.
Old 06-05-2006, 03:33 PM

No richard not really , not until you get my DDS3 to me :razz: but since i run 2 jets i have just used one of the lines and got a spare jet and poked it out from under the bonnet and i will take it for a drive tommorrow and see what happens.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:54 AM

mrex180 where abouts are you? I am Brisbane.
Not many ozzy's here!
:smile:
Old 07-05-2006, 05:26 AM

Not far too far away actually im out near Toowoomba..
Old 07-05-2006, 05:34 AM

Richard you have a PM...
Old 19-06-2006, 02:58 AM

I have now set my system to run Port injection running 1 x 0.3mm jet in each intake runner.. Pics
Old 25-06-2006, 12:31 PM

Ok car was just run at the Strip and............. it run pretty ordinary well it was launching really good and the 60fts were in the low 1.8's and leaving rival cars doing catch up but half track onwards it wasn't producing the power and other cars( mainly 1's running low 12's) would pull about 4-5 lengths on me by the end and the best it run was 13.3 @ 98 mph i got better running a smaller turbo and the intercooler... So my experment is over :cry: the intercooler will be going back on and upgraded later but i won't touch the WI the knock resistance is incredible running port injection..
Old 25-06-2006, 10:56 PM

This was I good test and usefull info! WI been known to do it's best by det. supression not by intercooling. So, some intercooling takes place, but it is limited to ambient condition and set up specs.
Old 26-06-2006, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrex180
Ok car was just run at the Strip and............. it run pretty ordinary well it was launching really good and the 60fts were in the low 1.8's and leaving rival cars doing catch up but half track onwards it wasn't producing the power and other cars( mainly 1's running low 12's) would pull about 4-5 lengths on me by the end and the best it run was 13.3 @ 98 mph i got better running a smaller turbo and the intercooler... So my experment is over :cry: the intercooler will be going back on and upgraded later but i won't touch the WI the knock resistance is incredible running port injection..

how much more timming and/or boost, (if any)were you able to run with the port injection ? over none or normal water injection?