waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Old 08-01-2011, 07:08 AM
Howerton Engineering

Default Re: New HFS-1 system not working

I think the best way to achieve what you want is what Richard proposed above. Use the system to trigger at a boost setting above the wastegate pressure. This way if you get a failsafe the system stops injecting.

On the other hand, when the system is setup properly, if the "B" light goes off dumping boost, the system is not spraying properly.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L View Post
I spoke to Jeff Howerton this, he suggested that your engine is not happy after a failsafe trigger.

Can you tell me how you wire up the failsafe to reduce boost?

Back to the "B" led.... what actually happen in real time:

1. When the system under flows, it means "zero flow", becasue it is an "full-on" or "full-off" system Boost drop and no methanol is sprayed anyway

2. When the system over flows, it has to be a cut/leaky hose, there is no other way. In this case, the system may not spray any or minimal methanol into the engine.

One way to stop this happpening is by triggering the system via boost. Set the Trigger point above wastegate pressure. So when the "B" goes off, boost drops below triggering point and spray stops.

Does this make more sense and a viable way to stop spray?
I have a valve in my car that comes from the factory called the N75. I have the failsafe connected to this solenoid. Whenever a failsafe occurs I get wastegate setting pressure (7psi?) Before I had the system setup correctly it would trigger failsafe because the flow indicator was maxed out. I believe the HFS system thought it was overflowing. I am activating my system with injector duty cycle not boost. Activating on boost sounds like a better idea, but since I already have it wired in Im going to try and make it work on IDC first.

As a side note, and please don't take this personally I believe a lot of confusion comes from the way the installation/owners manuals are written. Since its written in British english its a bit different at explaining things then what we are accustomed to here in the US. I believe if an outside source was to write the manual everyone would be better off.

Thanks for all your help!

Last edited by blk01s4; 08-01-2011 at 05:51 PM.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howerton Engineering View Post
I think the best way to achieve what you want is what Richard proposed above. Use the system to trigger at a boost setting above the wastegate pressure. This way if you get a failsafe the system stops injecting.

On the other hand, when the system is setup properly, if the "B" light goes off dumping boost, the system is not spraying properly.

Thanks yea I mentioned that above, if the system is setup right B will always stay on.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:02 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Always set the bargraph to about 5 bar at full flow, so it won't trigger the "overflow" (WH). I will look into a more user friendly style of writing manual. I read it through, it is quite discontinued, doesn't make good reading.