waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Old 17-09-2010, 10:12 PM

Default Porsche 964 Supercharged Plit Screen VW

Hi all,
New to this forum.

I have a problem. I intend ( if I can ) to fit a Supercharged 964 Porsche 3.6 ltr engine and all running gear etc etc. approx 360 bhp into my VW 1962 Split Camper Van. its not that easy and will cost about ?8k just to mod the van so it will take thee engine etc etc.
However the rub is I dont have enough space for inter coolers. If I can find space they will be very small with low air flow through them.
I would like to know how effective could water / methanol injection be with small IC's. Could I even fit a kit that would do away with the need for IC,s altogether.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
rank
Old 18-09-2010, 02:37 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: Porsche 964 Supercharged Plit Screen VW

Is the vehicle very heavy? In the event of low road speed and high load, water injection will out-perform Intercooler. In order to reduce the consumption of water a small IC will help.

Question: Would'nt it be more sensitible to use a diesal engine for this purpose? Low speed torque...etc
Old 18-09-2010, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L View Post
Is the vehicle very heavy? In the event of low road speed and high load, water injection will out-perform Intercooler. In order to reduce the consumption of water a small IC will help.

Question: Would'nt it be more sensitible to use a diesal engine for this purpose? Low speed torque...etc
Hi Richard,

No the van is only about 1500kg. With 360 bhp I am hoping to Drag the 1/4 mile in under 16 seconds and top 101 mph.
I have the Porsche 964 engine to go in. I still have to decide on the Supercharger. If I cant find a way of cooling the charge I'm stuck.
The van isn't for general work, its a show van which will set me back the best part of ?60k to complete and thats with me doing all the work. Apart from the drag strip it also has to sleep both the wife and me on holidays.
Thanks for the reply.
Frank
Old 18-09-2010, 07:10 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Ahhhhh, let the cat put of the bag. I remembered the"A" team van well. Don't forget the kitchen weighs quite a bit... pics please.
Old 18-09-2010, 07:31 PM

:lol:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L View Post
Ahhhhh, let the cat put of the bag. I remembered the"A" team van well. Don't forget the kitchen weighs quite a bit... pics please.
Well you did ask for a picture.lol So here it is....

AS you might well imagine there is lots of work to do. But the critical phase is building a new chassis and sub frame for the Porsche engine, box and running gear. I I have to have all the bits bought first and fitted so I know it will all fit into the van, build around it and make it fit.
You see where the ?60k comes from now.:lol:
Frank
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 62 split pics 026.jpg (87.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 62 split pics 025.jpg (86.8 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by sunnysidebb; 18-09-2010 at 07:33 PM.
Old 18-09-2010, 09:38 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Those are the real classics. Not many left on this planet. Perfect set up for drag racing.