waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-3 forum

Old 21-06-2015, 03:20 PM

Default System will not trigger from IDC

Got a HFS3 V2 in my car which was running fine with the old EMS8860 engine management. I have since changed to a Haltech PS2000 but I can't seem to get it to reach the injection threshold, even with the dial turned right back. The IDC led is flashing so it is getting an injector pulse of some sort. I'm running 6 x low impedance 750cc injectors (2.2ohm) if that makes any difference and I'm fairly certain the ecu used a peak and hold driver. Impedance can be selected in the ecu and there are no resistors wired into the loom. The signal is wired up through the green wire on the grey plug and red is to a ign source.
I've noticed a couple of posts about cutting and soldering links on the board. Is this something that I will need to do or should I try wiring in the green harness as I've noticed in later versions say to use this for peak and hold?

Last edited by crum86; 21-06-2015 at 03:40 PM. Reason: edit
Old 22-06-2015, 08:26 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: System will not trigger from IDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by crum86 View Post
Got a HFS3 V2 in my car which was running fine with the old EMS8860 engine management. I have since changed to a Haltech PS2000 but I can't seem to get it to reach the injection threshold, even with the dial turned right back. The IDC led is flashing so it is getting an injector pulse of some sort. I'm running 6 x low impedance 750cc injectors (2.2ohm) if that makes any difference and I'm fairly certain the ecu used a peak and hold driver. Impedance can be selected in the ecu and there are no resistors wired into the loom. The signal is wired up through the green wire on the grey plug and red is to a ign source.
I've noticed a couple of posts about cutting and soldering links on the board. Is this something that I will need to do or should I try wiring in the green harness as I've noticed in later versions say to use this for peak and hold?
The standard injector input on the grey harness will not read low impedance injectors. You need to use the green harness. But the earlier version of the V2 may not read it properly without returning back to factory for free upgrade. What is the serial number of your V2? You will also need to modify the bottom of the circuit board to active the green harness input.
Old 23-06-2015, 02:25 AM

Hi Richard heres a pic of the board. Hopefully it won't need sending back as I'm in Australia. Just noticed the cel jumpers is missing. Will that effect anything at all?
I'm wondering if the injector drivers are slightly different between the 2 ecu's as the system ran perfectly with the same low impedance injectors

Old 23-06-2015, 08:12 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

The board was made in April 2012, not compatible with low impedance injector or DI injectors. 7 months on, we upgraded the controller to read lo-imp and Di injectors. We also supplied a green harness for the user port.

In your case, you need to send the controller back and purchase a green harness. There is no charge for the upgrade but you have to pay for the return shipping and purchase the green harness at www.aquamist-direct.com
Old 23-06-2015, 12:15 PM

Ah bugger. Was hoping I wouldn't have to send it back. It did come with the green harness so is it worth trying?

Will it just need to be sent to the address on your contact page?
Old 23-06-2015, 05:33 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

If it comes with a green harness, it is worth trying, it was probably a beta period. October was the official green harness launch.

Here are the steps:

1. Wire the red and green wire of the green harness across the fuel injector directly.
2. Cut PWM- and solder link "CUST" on the under side of the circuit board.
3. You still need to connect the red wire of the grey harness to the 12V supply to fuel injector (+)

Question: do you use a resistor pack with the lo-imp injectors? If this fails, I will pm you my address or at the back of the user manual.
Old 24-06-2015, 01:51 AM

Cheers for that. Fingers crossed it works.

Not running any resistor packs as the impedance is definable in the ecu and I'm running individual outputs
Old 24-06-2015, 05:00 AM

Looks like I have had a win. Seems to be activating now. One question though. I wound the thres trimmer back and it is activating at idle with 0% throttle before it is fully counterclockwise. I haven't road tested it in the preset 12 o'clock position but should it be that sensitive?
Old 24-06-2015, 08:27 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

A few of the Betas did have this over sensitive issue. If you are good at soldering, replace just one component. I can tell you what to do. The component involved is super tiny. 1.6mm x 0.8mm.
Old 24-06-2015, 09:00 AM

Definitely keen to give it a go. Got a bit of gear at work which shouldn't make it too difficult