waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Old 19-07-2007, 01:43 PM

Default nozzle placement: perpendicular or parallel to air flow?

hi,

here's a pic of my engine with the supercharger installed. note the silver 2" J-shaped discharge tube placed between the compressor outlet and my engine manifold, that's where i intend to inject water. the curve of the pipe allows me the unique opportunity to either place my nozzle perpendicular to the direction of air flow or at the bend, allowing water to be injected parallel to the air flow.

i know the FAQ recommends placing it perpendicular to the air flow but it doesn't state why. i'm curious if placing the nozzle parallel to the airflow would be advantageous with regards to intake tract cooling and atomisation as i'm worried that a perpendicular placement will result in most of the injected water simply condensing on the opposite wall? (especially if you consider that the pipe is only 2" in diameter)

thanks in advance for any input.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:25 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

I don't think it matters that much since the air flow passing the spray is almost supersonic, under boost.