waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-3 forum

Old 12-11-2016, 02:20 PM

Default Example of a PWM map?

Hi
Does anyone have any guidelines or examples of a PWM map, i.e. Running the the HFS3 directly from an ECU. I have the capability of doing that and was curious about how people are mapping FAV PWMs with this method.

Presumably, the axis to use are MAP and RPM, and I'm interested to see what the maps might look like. I have a Porsche 930 running up to 20psi, making peak torque at around 4000rpm. This is where I am most knock prone so I am thinking I would need a good water injection duty cycle at this point, and then take it linear across the 20psi axis to max RPM, or should there be a significant 'bulge' at the RPMs where peak torque/max boost occur?.

I've heard it said before that the default IDC is best to use but I can't understand that as peak torque usually occurs are well below maximum injector duty cycle and at mid rpms on a turbo, and this most knock prone region should get the most water injection relatively speaking, albeit with a general increasing trend related to injector pulse width / RPM (i.e. Fuel / air flow through the motor), no?

I may be getting it wrong...
Old 19-11-2016, 11:51 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: Example of a PWM map?

If the fueling is correct, it should be accounted for max torque region. F-IDC is a product of multiple sensors and many engineering hours.

Aquamist hasn't never been have using anything else but mirroring fuel flow. It seems to work well over the years.
Old 20-11-2016, 10:36 AM

Default Re: Example of a PWM map?

I can see that IDC covers the peak torque / maximum knock prone area under normal mapping, but one of the benefits of running water injection is leaning that area out for power rather than flooding it with fuel for cooling, which will reduce injector DC. I guess that's what a custom PWM map can be used for.

Can anyone using PWM post up some expamples of how how they are using that strategy?