waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-3 forum

Old 21-08-2010, 12:52 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: HFS-3 Eaton Charged 1600

After our phone conversation yesterday, I think the only solution is to rewire the supply to your custom ECU to power up at the pre-crank position.

As the wiring situation at present, you give little time for the third party ECU to power up during the cranking stage. It is a win/win situation to let teh system prime and ready at the pre-crank positon.

In turn the HFS-3 will work as designed.
Old 22-08-2010, 02:40 PM

All done, and it is now working how it should be apart from one thing.

I have run out of trim on the SC pot on the gauge, at full power (currently trying to set it up using the "sys" and "inj" jumpers in for full flow) i can only get 4-5 bars with the gauge pot turned fully clockwise.

When the pump is activated (spool up) i see 7-8 bars which then drops to a constant 4-5 bars, this is after about 4-5 seconds at full flow. I am currently using a 0.6mm jet.

Is there any way for me to get the constant flow reading up a little bit? Or will i have to adjust the WH and WL trim pots to suit that?

John
Old 22-08-2010, 05:31 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Can you set the gain on the controller just before the red led (>95%) comes on. Theris no advantage for the red led to come on.

I need to make a smaller flow sensor map for you. I have never seen the HFS-3 use on a car with such a small delivery. I will create a new map for you and please return the controller for further reflash. By the time the controller arrives, the new map will be ready.
Old 23-08-2010, 09:00 AM

Richard, the car is on the rollers today for set up.

Can we set the car up now as it is and then return the controller for the map then? I'll adjust the gain so that at WOT with max duty I see just below the 95% light and then I will report back later today hopefully.

John
Old 23-08-2010, 09:52 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Anytime. It will not alter your actural flow. Let me know the results. I will also suggest trying 100% methanol.
Old 24-08-2010, 07:13 PM

Talking Re: HFS-3 Eaton Charged 1600

Ok well we are getting there with it now.

Got more time on the rollers luckily tomorrow, had today to mess about a bit more with it. We are having a few problems with the car at the moment, seems to be missing some power, nothing W/I related though.

With 100% water, at peak power the air temp drop was from 47c at full boost down to 29c which is good, ambient temp was 22c today, tomorrow I will be trying the 60:40 methanol water mix. Hoping to see a bit more drop in temperature. At full power, egt at the headers were 690c so it's still very cool, alot more advance can be used I think.

The system so far is working very well, for me I think it will be best to inject water from a low injector duration possibly 25% as this keeps temperatures down going in to the engine. After playing with the gain, we have the 5-6 bars at full flow peaking at 7 on spool up and adjusted the wh pot to suit the failsafe configuration.

There is alot to learn with this kit, and the set up on my car, i am contemplating running a 0.5 jet in at charger intake to see what happens.

I'll keep this updated, its been a frustrating day!

John
Old 24-08-2010, 09:07 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

When things are not going according to plan, you8 learn a lot more from the experience. EGT seemed to be a bit too low for power.

Please continnue to update.