waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-3 forum

Old 06-11-2011, 02:06 PM

Default Re: HFS-3 not spraying

I did spray test as said in the manual:

2. Priming and purging of the system:
a. Fill up the tank with water half way.
b. Disconnect the 6mm hose from the FAV assembly
and put the hose into a container securely.
c. Ignition switch in pre-crank position and gauge is
switched on. Uncover the controller and pull out the
?Inj? jumper (disabling the FAV) and put it to the link
marked ?SYS?. The pump should power up and
water should come out of the 6mm hose within a
few seconds, Let it run for a 10-20 seconds so that
trapped air and debris are purged.

Although my problem also is my gauge won?t light up when I turn the ignition on. It only lights up 15s after I?ve started the car. I did send email to Rickhard about this but I think he?s still out of office.
Old 06-11-2011, 02:40 PM
Howerton Engineering

If it lights up 15s after starting the car, then you have a wiring issue. The red wire on the molex connector is the main power supply, BUT the red wire of the gray connector energizes a main relay to let that power flow. So where ever you have the red wire of the gray harness tapped it is not getting power in the pre-crank position to let the system turn on.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:22 AM

Haven?t had a chance to look at the wiring yet but if the red wire of the gray connector is tapped to wrong place can this effect to the main problem that the system is not spraying (even if its getting power when the car is running) or is it a completely a different issue?
Old 08-11-2011, 04:33 PM
Howerton Engineering

The red wire of the gray harness turns the system on. Without this power, you are likely to see the yellow water level light on and nothing else.
Old 09-11-2011, 02:25 PM

Checked the red wires today and the thicker red wire (Molex) is connected to a place where it gets current when the ignition is turned ON.

The ECU thinner red wire was connected to a different location (to connector that goes to fuel injectors). But when I connected the thinner wire to same place as the thicker red the gauge powered up when I turned on the ignition BUT after a while the pump was activated and started spraying. The car was not running.

This thread was made by a friend who originally installed the system and had the same malfuntion.
http://www.aquamist.co.uk/vbulletin/...ead.php?t=2026

Now I?m confused is there a wiring issue or do I have some kind of harness issue as Richard suspected earlier?

edit: What voltage the thin ecu red wire should get in pre-crank position and when the car is running?

Last edited by Arthurwiljami; 09-11-2011 at 10:28 PM.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L View Post

Please check each plug for the corrtect wire orders. Correct the order meanwhile by cut and splice. Let me know your address and I will replace the harness accordingly. It is possible that one or two of the harness were mixed up from other systems. Email me [richard@aquamist.co.uk] and I will send them when I return to my office on the 9th.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L View Post
The correct wire colour order of the grey harness should be... from gauge side

-(red) 2011-May on version
-red
-green
-orange
-white
-yellow
-blue
-black
-Silver brown
-(brown) 2011-May on version

Dispose the incorrect harness asap
Richard, did you get back yet and did you get the emails I sent you?

About those two different ECU harness is the first one "V1" and the second "V2"? I was reading this forum and came across that the V1 version has blue board and "INJ" and V2 has black board and INJ is replaced by "FAV". Is this correct?

If it is my controller has V2 black board (and there is DFS jumper) but my gray ECU harness look the same as in the first picture.

Last edited by Arthurwiljami; 10-11-2011 at 09:54 PM.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:22 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

I am back and ready to tackle your installation.

The grey harness is the same on v1 and v2. I just happen to have an older picture available for purpose of illustration, Infact all the harnesses has the same wire orientation.

V1 ...... Blue board
v2 ...... Black board
Old 11-11-2011, 01:28 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

I will move on the next stage of testing tomorrow, Do you have a digital voltmeter? Meanwhile can you check all the other wires colours of the different harnesses are matching the diagram below. (no need to check the grey harness - done that already)

Old 11-11-2011, 03:45 PM

OK, so ECU cable on good. I?ve checked all the wire colours and they all have the same orientation red, yellow, blue, black. I do have multimeter.

Is it a must for the thin red wire to be connected to injector (+) or does it matter if the connetion just have 12V in pre-crank position (and when the car is running of course). If I?ve understood correctly both red wires need to get 12V in pre-crank position but where ever I put the thin red the pump activates when the gauge lights up. I don?t understand what triggers the system to spray when the car is not even running. Is it possible that the injector is "short to ground" for some reason in pre-crank position.

Well either way the system will not spray when the car is running.
Old 11-11-2011, 05:18 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

What is Is the coil resistance of the EV14, 16 ohm or 2.5 ohm. If it is a 2.5ohm injector, you need to use the green harness supplied with the system.