waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-3 forum

Old 14-11-2012, 04:50 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: Water level indicator

Quote:
Originally Posted by leman_opc View Post
OK, understood, so before the system is triggered (e.g. the car is on idle, IDC is below the set threshold to activate WMI) it is correct that I have no "B" symbol on the gauge.
This is 100% correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leman_opc View Post
So, combining this outcome with the diagram on the previous page of this thread: no "B" led does not necessarily mean that the failsafe / boost off is active. E.g. in the situation above (the car is on idle, system not triggered due to IDC below the threshold, no "B" led on the gauge) the BCS is still controlled by ECU (white wire linked to brown). In case then the IDC increases and the system is triggered and the flow is outside of "safe window" the "B" led will blink but then stay off and failsafe mode would be switched on (white wire switched to black), when the IDC will the go below the system activation threshold the failsafe mode would be off once again (white wire switched back to black). Correct?
Just to confirm you are correct:
1. "B" led does not come no at idle or the system is not triggered.
2. During this stage, BCV is still under the control of the ECU.

Also correct:
3. When the system is triggered, the "B" led will come on and stay on as long as the flow is inside the WL and WH. Brown and white still connected.
4. If the flow is outside the WL and WH, the "B" led willgo out and the white and black wire will be connected.

This diagram may help you:

Old 14-11-2012, 05:07 PM

OK, great, thanks a lot for the detailed explanation.

So, my setup then works absolutely OK except for no link between white and brown or white and black wires in any state. I will have a look at the wires order in the grey harness (as advised earlier) later on today when I have access to the car.
Old 14-11-2012, 08:37 PM

Hopefully found the problem - yellow and white wires in the grey harness are placed vice versa. Did not have a tester with me to check if it works OK with yellow wire instead of white as per diagram above, will do tomorrow.

Richard, do you think it may have caused any damage to the controller when it was wired with yellow wire to ECU and brown to BCV?
Old 14-11-2012, 08:51 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Absolutely no damage. the yellow wire is an input, draws almost no current.

Change the yellow and white around and let me know.
Old 14-11-2012, 09:00 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

can you give me the serial number of the controller, I like to check this against others on the same batch.
Old 14-11-2012, 09:07 PM

Sure, will check tomorrow and post.
Old 15-11-2012, 09:07 PM

SN: 100626

Old 15-11-2012, 09:18 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

The wires are definitely reversed (yellow/white). The system you got was manufactured quite sometime ago. Took you a long time to get it installed... better late than never. Looking at the flow table, it is more suitable for running two jets, ~700 to 900cc/min. You may have to set the "SC" to max. if you are using one small jet.

Can you change the white and yellow around and let me know.
Old 15-11-2012, 09:42 PM

Yes, I had the system laying around in the box for almost 1,5 years )))

I indeed had to dial SC almost to the max (now winded back 2 clicks or so and it was probably too much, I think one click before max setting would be spot on). Two jets would be too much for my setup as my fuel injectors are 4*470cc/min.

Will definitely let you know the results once I wire the failsafe finally...
Old 18-11-2012, 03:14 PM

Rewired the kit last night - now the failsafe is working, no CEL on BCS circuit open (I get the CEL due to "boost below normal" condition occasionally but this is due to ECU mapping). Thanks, Richard!

Also had a chance to play with injection settings, turned the threshold setting down a bit (30% IDC or so) and also dialed gain a bit higher. Noted that the maximum flow is not significantly affected with a gain setting - presumably due to my small jet size. Am I correct to assume that with a small jet size turning the gain all the way up would result in higher midrange injection (relative to IDC) but have almost no effect on the top-end injection (as it is the jet size that effectively caps the water flow there)?

If the above is correct I would assume that putting the bigger restrictor in but leaving the small jet would make the a.m. effect (non-linear injection with higher flow to IDC rate in midrange) even more pronounced, correct?

Last edited by leman_opc; 18-11-2012 at 03:18 PM.