waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-3 forum

Old 02-02-2014, 10:19 PM

Default Aquamist HFS-3V2 Not injecting

Hi,

I just installed my aquamist kit today and it won't inject when i go wot. The fail safe just kicks in even with the trimmers set to min/max and the delay set to max.

The unit is wired up correctly and see's idc i followed the instructions and primed the pump although i thought the waterflow would be stronger then it is coming out of the pump. Then i moved onto testing the nozzle. i put the system into test and it sprayed. set the threshold to min and revved the car and i got a fine stream come out of the nozzle. button everything back up increased the threshold and drove and just continually trigger the failsafe.

Also when i go to test the system none of the flow bars on the gauge light up and the fail safe trips, but the system still sprays.

I'm at a loss as to why the system won't inject.

Please help
Thanks
Old 03-02-2014, 06:36 PM

Default Re: Aquamist HFS-3V2 Not injecting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBDV...e_gdata_player

There's a video of the failsafe in action
Old 04-02-2014, 03:18 AM
Howerton Engineering

The failsafe coming on has no cause for the kit not spraying, it's a secondary factor of the kit not spraying.

Did the jets spray strong when the the SYS jumper was linked in testing? You should have seen a few flow bars and set the SC to 6-7 bars at this time.

Then the green LED should be flashing with the FI pulse. Turn the THRES to minimum, and drive the car and the system should inject, with the yellow LED coming on in the controller when the kit injects.

Is this s DI car and was the proper schematic used and links on the board cut and soldered?
Old 04-02-2014, 03:22 AM

yep this is a di mazdaspeed 3. The board was cut and soldered by rich. It was wired in using the latest diagram. The system see's the di pulse and ramps up and down with rpm. Also the system triggers around 37%idc like I have it set using the thres trimmer. i'm going to take some videos this weekend of the pump flow and spray pattern when I have time to troubleshoot the kit because honestly I have no idea what is considered strong and not strong as this is my first meth kit. also iirc when I used the sys test jumper no bars showed up on the gauge.

Last edited by 2.0t03speed; 04-02-2014 at 03:25 AM.
Old 04-02-2014, 04:36 PM

i'm thinking it might be a problem with the pump because i bought this kit used, ,and i think the pump was housed in the engine bay. The 6mm line that went from the pump to the fav was way too short to have been housed in the car.

Also that and when i purged the pump the flow wasn't very strong after all the air had been purged.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:22 PM
Howerton Engineering

The pump should put out almost a gallon a minute free flow, and typically at least 2000cc a minute through a long 6mm line free flow. It should shoot pretty good out of a loose 6mm line.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:27 PM

yea from what i remember it didn't look like enough water for 1gpm. it's going through 12ft of 6mm line i'm gonna try and get some time at lunch tomorrow to video the waterflow out of the 12 6mm line coming from the pump as well as the nozzle spray pattern when i put the system into manual test mode. if not i'll definitely get some this weekend. Thanks for the help so far.
Old 10-02-2014, 07:10 PM

ok here is a video of the pump flow. Let me know what you think. the pump is noisy but i've purged a few times and it still makes the same noise. Also disregard me talking about no bars on the gauge at the beginning dummy me forgot that there is no water going to the flow sensor so no bars will show up haha.

http://youtu.be/Ocq8GoEf1K8