waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-4 forum

Old 24-02-2012, 09:07 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: HFS-4 Q&A, application for your engine...

Up to 4.5mm

Richard
Old 25-02-2012, 05:04 AM

I have a hyundai tiburon V6 with an Eaton MP90 supercharger that boosts 18psi.
( http://www.ngmhouseofpower.com/product_p/assassinsc.htm )
I have the fuel injector is 600cc and my ECU is a stand alone Hydra EMS.

1---What would be good setup for my tiburon?

2---I do not know the injection water/methanol system. Is it simple to install and tune?

3---for shipping in Canada is you can be sent with USPS (with a little extra) because the costs of customs clearance and tax its much smaller?

Last edited by tuscani003; 25-02-2012 at 05:35 AM.
Old 25-02-2012, 02:03 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

It looks like a very nice bolt on.

Your questions:
1. You can use the hydra's spare PWM output to drive the HFS-4 direct and create your own map or HFS-4 tracks the existing fuel flow and MAP sensor (if available within Hydra).

2. The system is a trunk-mount system. Electronically, it is very straight forward other than the Hydra interface (two wires), just connect the usual 12V and ground supply. All other harnesses are plug and play.

3. I can arrange to have kit to be shipped from the USA because our postal service does not have a tracking system.
Old 26-02-2012, 01:29 AM

Hello Richard, do you have wiring diagrams for the VW GTI / Audi A3 2.0T FSI engine?

Thank you.

Dave
Old 26-02-2012, 02:59 AM
Howerton Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by crew219 View Post
Hello Richard, do you have wiring diagrams for the VW GTI / Audi A3 2.0T FSI engine?

Thank you.

Dave
Try in this forum http://www.aquamist.co.uk/vbulletin/...ead.php?t=1698
Old 26-02-2012, 10:12 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by crew219 View Post

Thank you.

Dave
Can you please specify the year. Is the VW "GTI" part of your description for the A3?

I produce wiring diagrams from an ECU pinout schematic, from various sources such as ender users and sometime form the web. It takes time. If you happen to have the ECU pinout for your car, I can make a wiring diagram quite quickly.
Old 26-02-2012, 12:55 PM

new to the meth application so please bear with me! need to ask a few questions before the g/b ends so my search time is limited

1. the car is a 3.2 litre s/c v6 in a mercedes benz slk32 amg ihi supercharger, (lysolm style)
2. 6- 480cc injectors (moving to 550cc soon) boost runs avg of 17 psi peak 19 psi. what jets would i need for a 70/30 water mix? im wanting to control intake air temps more than higher octane
3. how fast does the tank run out? would a 5 qt setup be enough for a day at the drag strip?
4. of course the ecu is encrypted in german. how is the hfs4 connected to the car via the electronics? i need all the failsafes i can get for protection against failed check valves solenoids ect.
5. i run a dashdaq with zt-2 wideband for datalogging . will this be tied into the hfs4?
6. can you pm me a total with a 5qt tank and enclosure?
7. not sure if it is of any consequence but the i/c for this setup is mounted under the s/c in the engine v. in order to install the nozzle away from the iat sensor i need to remove the s/c flip it and install the jet then reinstall in the engine so jet sizing is critical as its about a 4 hr removal and install.
8. and can you tell me the dimensions of the 1 gal enclosed setup for the mini? i have limited space in my trunk and that looks like it might fit. price also please with blue led and baffles
thanx for any info

Last edited by 32Krazy!; 26-02-2012 at 01:13 PM.
Old 26-02-2012, 01:40 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

You have today to register your interest the GB but you are not fully commited until you have paid the deposit.

Answers to your questins:
1. OE S/C or specials?
2. For total fuel flow of 3300cc/min at M70/W30 mix, I recommend 20% to fuel ratio: 660cc/min @19psi (or 0.9mm + 0.8mm jets), allowing a small head room. System comes with 0.8. 0.9 and 1mm jets as standard.
3. A 5-quart is normally good for a full tank of fuel. For drag days, perhaps 7-8 runs.
4. I cannot read German, but a ECU pinout diagram will help. The HFS-4 has a set of relay contacts for the failosafe usage. Not sure how we can stop the S/C from spinning unless you have a blow-off valve we can activate. There is also 0 or 5V output for failsafe interface purpose with your ECU. Again not sure until I know what is available.
5. The HFS-4 has an 0-5V anlogue output for water flow, you can use this for you data logging purpose.
6. Tanks are sold separtely, Howeton will help you on this. We do supply every parts to be fitted to the tank.
7. Any possibilty of fitting jet before the S/C? it will help reducing the heat soaking from the S/C casing.
8. Jeff howerton will help you on this.
Old 26-02-2012, 02:37 PM

thanx for the fast reply richard.
the s/c is oem built by ihi for mercedes. electromagnetic clutch on the s/c pulley. no boost until 2000 rpm then wham! full boost builds.
teflon coated rotors so i have been told not to spray pre s/c. your thoughts?
i was referring to a 70% water 30% meth as i want to use this for iat control. not really wanting to tune for meth.
am i correct in reading that a gal of mix would only last for 7 to 8 passes? i typically run at the start of the day with 1/2 tank (approx 7 gals fuel ) mixed to 105 octane (torco fuel additive)
i am starting to think the electronics may be beyond my abilities . i may need a shop i know to install this
Old 26-02-2012, 03:07 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Electromagnet clutch! great to incorpoarte the HFS-4 failsafe output to reduce boost. If you can get hold of a ECU pinout diagram, I can certainly make use of this.

W70/M30 run ~15-17% to fuel, this equates to a 1mm nozzle - untuned. Perhaps I was referring to allowing some capacity so that the tank does not run close to empty and start inotrducing air bubbles to the system. Takes time to purge them out.

There is little electronic to be concerned about, all the cables are pre-wired and terminated into a bunch of colour coded RJ type connetors. The rest is just bolting on the tank, pump and valves. Only the jet needed drill and tap. If you get the pre-assembled tank from Howerton, you just need to secure it down some where in the trunk.

If you can get hold of the wiring diagram, I can make a wiring drawing for your car.

Not sure about the teflon coating, they are the most inert matreial known to mankind, if souce pan is coated with them, spray a small amount of water moist is not going to kill it. Further more. During the life time of the engine, It must have swallowed gallons water from the humidified air, especially so on rainy days.