waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Old 28-12-2004, 10:03 AM

Default pressure switch adjustment

Hi any body knows how to adjust the pressure switch on the aquamist. I have the 1S system I want to increase the turn on point for the pump.
Old 29-12-2004, 02:22 PM

Default Re: pressure switch adjustment

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubcnme
Hi any body knows how to adjust the pressure switch on the aquamist. I have the 1S system I want to increase the turn on point for the pump.
Here's a quote from Richard:

Quote:
From the factory preset point of 10psi, 1/4T clockwise will increase the triggering point by 2.5-3psi. Reverse effect when rotatng anti-clockwise.
Old 01-01-2005, 11:50 AM

yeah, that's my experience too, but don't trust the factory setting too much, verify it, mine was off by 4-5psi.
Fitting an LED across the sensor lets you know when it triggers.

John

www.max-boost.co.uk
Old 01-01-2005, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnA
yeah, that's my experience too, but don't trust the factory setting too much, verify it, mine was off by 4-5psi.
Fitting an LED across the sensor lets you know when it triggers.
You're right indeed. I fitted a LED as well and the default setting turned out to be almost 14psi instead of 10. So a boost gauge and a LED are a must.

Janis
Old 02-01-2005, 10:23 AM

Default setting

You can use a common fuel pressure test gauge and rig up a test setup using air pressure to set it.

All you need is a small section of tubing or pipe, that you can pressurize with air, and a fitting to connect the pressure switch to that pressurized tube. Just pump it up to well above trigger point and bleed off the air until you get to the pressure you want, then dial out the trigger switch screw until you just turn off the indicator LED.

At least that's how I set my pressure trigger switch for my shurflo system.

Larry
Old 26-02-2005, 03:31 AM

When you set a pressure switch, it will deactivate at a different pressure. I sell these by the hundreds, and on our switches the reset point is 50-75% of the set point. What this means is if you use the technique above, when your test light goes off, say at 10 psi, that is the reset point. The actual set point would be 12.5-15 psi. In my experience, they usually reset pretty close (within 1 psi or so) to the set point, instead of what the manufacturer claims. I tried attaching a graph of it, but I can't figure out how to do that in this forum.

Hope this helps,

Greg
[/img]