waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-3 forum

Old 13-02-2010, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L
At present, H3 can cut one of the solenoid valves to lower boost. I believe one valve controls more boost than the other. If you want total boost drop to wastegate, you need an external double pole relay, with two dummy load resistors.

WoW, i just seen this for the 1st time. Please dont take this in any wrong way. shape, or form but i think i love you Richard. You are the F'ing man!

Einy, Meany, Mieny, MO:
08 Mitsubishi Evolution X GSR
08 BMW E90 335i
09 BMW E82 135i
Old 14-02-2010, 09:24 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

This is only done recently. There will be more to come once the GB shipping is over, at present, there isn't enough time in a day to do everything. I will be generation more internal sub forums for individual cars so users can download and discuss their particular car and ECU.

Richard
Old 14-02-2010, 01:34 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

There has been some confusion on what type of direct injection signal the HFS-3 can read.

The HFS-3 will be only able to read directly injection signal if it is re-configured by aquamist or selected dealers. It the system is not ocnfigured properly, it will not work. For those of you who want configure the system yourselves (soldering iron required), please contact me at richard@aquamist.co.uk. I need to know the car model and year of manufacture.

It can all be done, but there isn't a "one size fits all" because there are so many types of direct injerction system around. This applies to diesel and gasoline engines.

Richard
Old 25-02-2010, 02:31 AM

I plan to run 50/50 with boost of 21-22psi. My injectors are 860cc, but do I take into account their max duty cycle or calculate based on their potential?

4 injectors x 860 = 3440 x 0.15 (50/50 ratio) = 516. So looking at the chart I should run either the 1.0mm or 0.9mm jet with the 0.7mm restrictor?
Old 25-02-2010, 02:40 AM
Howerton Engineering

Your calculation is correct. The duty cycle is relative, so if your injectors are at 80%, so is the Aquamist. Therefore we usually go by injector size and disregard duty cycle unless there are some special circumstances or the injectors are oversize and max out at 55-50%
Old 25-02-2010, 02:59 AM

Perfect...when I was logging I was topping out at 76-78% IDC
Old 26-02-2010, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howerton Engineering
Your calculation is correct. The duty cycle is relative, so if your injectors are at 80%, so is the Aquamist. Therefore we usually go by injector size and disregard duty cycle unless there are some special circumstances or the injectors are oversize and max out at 55-50%
funny u say that i am running 1050s... and they max out at 65% duty cycle. at 25psi which is about what i will run. what do u recomend for me... yes maybe i should have asked this question first... to me currently it looks like i should be able to manage with a .8 and a .9 (most probably needed 2x 0.5 or 1x0.5 and 1x0.8)
Old 26-02-2010, 10:36 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

The HFS-3 is equipped wioth a gain trimmer, you can always use it to do fine adjustment. I would oversize the jets and turn the flow up or down with this trimmer.

Picking the exact jet is not as critical.
Old 26-02-2010, 10:11 PM

yeah thats what i initially thought... thanks for clearning up Richard. another silly question, how do i workout that what trims i need to put... do i use the excel spreadsheet??
Old 26-02-2010, 11:20 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

The "THRES" trimmer is set for 42% IDC (12 o'clock) from factory. It may be a big too high for you due to your large injectors. I would set it to 9 o'clock, ~24% DC.

The "GAIN" remains the same - see how it goes from there. Jeff's spread sheet is very good, you can use it to estimate your flow based on the jet/jets used.