waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14-01-2016, 07:04 PM

Default Using water-only system year-round? Feedback?

Hi There,

I'm a bit of a noob but have been reading about WMI for years incuding on this forum. I would like to implement a water only system tht I can use year round with occasional trips to the mountains/snow. I hope to order an HFS4 by the end of the month and install it on my 3.6L pentastar jeep JK wrangler with a measured 9psi peak TVS style blower.

I am wondering if my proposed installation techniques will help avoid line freezing.

First of all, since this will be a water-only system, I was thinking to run the lines through the car and possibly above where the exhaust runs where the floor is a little warm. It's a jeep so I am not worried about a line break and getting gallon of water inside. That is a pretty tame issue for a jeep.

That pretty much leaves the lines in the engine compartment exposed. I can route that part of the line along the side of the blower to keep it from freezing.

Aside from giving the jeep time to warm up, are there any install or use technics that I can use (aside turning the system off) to keep this a year round system?

At this point, I am thinking to run the aquamist tank so maybe a bottle of Heet or two when I head to the mountains as extra protection?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Last edited by FI_Rubicon; 14-01-2016 at 07:11 PM.