waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Theory (what it is and what it does) > Avoiding Disaster

Old 18-03-2004, 04:25 AM

Default Re: Maintain your system!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMan
First post in this forum!

I blew my head gaskets this year due to a faulty pump.
What kind of pump was it?
Warren
Old 18-03-2004, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willwren
I think I'd rather have a filter clog up than a nozzle. Has anyone looked into particulate filters to be placed inline? What is the orifice size in the typical nozzle? If you have a good filter that will trap that size or larger, you should protect your system alot more.
PINZ sells in line filters if you're interested and all PINZ systems have one at the pump and another right inside the nozzle.
Warren
Old 13-05-2004, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forum Admin
Note that while many have used the washer fluid in many setups successfully for long periods - Aquamist does not recommend it.

Especially with the smaller jets it is possible for the heat to cake the detergent as it evaporates off the water and methanol.

Washer fluid can increase the amount of maintenance needed to keep the jets flowing properly.

I use distilled water for 99 cents a gallon at the drug store and never had problems.
Old 03-10-2004, 02:51 PM

I posted this in the "Gasoline forced induction" section ( never really checked out this section!!) , under the heading Additional Safety.
I had a bad experience where I had a system failure when my pumps' suction strainer became clogged causing it (the pump) to loose suction unknown to me. I went ahead and boosted the turbo and ...BOOM !!! .I have since taken a few steps to avoid any reaccurance of this :
1 . I implimented a low pressure shutdown that will shut down my boost controller and illuminate a warning light if the line pressure goes low , I use a 150psi ShurFlo pump , so this shouldn't happen !. The line pressure is monitored by a 2-10 bar pressure switch ,which in turn switches a relay connected to my boost controllers power supply. When switched off boost will revert to the wastegates 3,5psi setting .
2 . I installed a pair of the DDS2 sensors / displays to monitor the flow on each stage (I have a two stage set up) this will effectively deal with clogged jets , loose hoses , failed HSV's etc. during fault conditions one DDS will disconnect the power to my boost controllers solenoid valve via a separate relay and the other will vent the air signal that goes to the top of the wastegates giaphragm, this is also achieved through a relay and a n/c vent solenoid vent valve . Both actions will have the same result as in #1 above.
3 . I am presently considering installing a "LOW LOW" water pressure "trip" ,it would be set lower than the one previously mentioned which just shuts down the boost controller , this would essentially indicate a failed pump . This would be done by installing a n/c relay on the +12V supply to my LEADING COILS (rotary engine) , once the pressure switch activates it will open the relay and shutdown power to the coils killing the spark and stalling the motor , it may be a bit abrupt , but it'll get the job done.!!
Feel free to suggest anything that comes to mind , as I do not want to be rebuilding my motor anytime in the near future. :idea: :!:
Old 03-10-2004, 09:56 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

I cannot agree more on safety first.
Old 13-12-2005, 09:41 PM

I just wanted to remind people to check out your system periodically!!

I have recently been having increased knock counts and was wondering what was going on. So today I went to clean my nozzles out and make sure everything was working properly.

It turns out that my nozzles weren't clogged, but that I had a couple leaks where the 4mm line meets the check valves.

It seems like the 4mm line degenerates over time (hardens) and needs to be replaced, expecially where it meets the barbs of the nozzles or the check valves. Have others found this as well?

Maintain, maintain, maintain!

-Craig :wink:
Old 15-08-2011, 07:09 AM

BUMP as I'm running in to problems with what I think is a problem with my nozzle. I'm soaking in isopropyl alcohol instead of vinegar. Tomorrow, if the alcohol doesn't work, I'll try the vinegar to see if it is the best cleaner availible.

Does the 7mm nozzle have to be disassembled at all during cleaning?
Old 16-08-2011, 02:57 PM

Isopropyl alcohol did not fix the problem. I'm going to try vinegar.

There is also a really strong form of acetic acid called glacial vinegar. Anyone ever try it?
Old 19-08-2011, 05:03 AM

I used vinegar and had better success. My glacial acetic acid is coming in tomorrow. I should be able to post up results over the weekend.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:17 AM

Ok I finally solved my problem. I soaked my old nozzle in glacial acetic acid and it definitely helped but it did not fix the problem 100%. I just bought a new nozzle from howerton.

I'll post a thread on my results.

Last edited by Supernaut; 01-09-2011 at 04:25 AM.