waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Theory (what it is and what it does) > Injection Mixtures

Old 29-09-2005, 09:34 PM

Hallo Speedy G,

mathematicaly thats maybe true, but why did the guy who started the thrad makes 75hp with his nitro mix? i don't see any reason for this...

but you are true and thats what i also thought about... nitro has not much BTU and if you want to make power out of it you must inject much of it...

by the way... the guys who made nitro injection... did you reduce the fuel amount? because if i inject much fuel i.e. 11:1 AFR and then additional methanol and nitro which makes my mixtrue even richer, didn't we come to a point where not enough oxygen is available to produce power?

ok with nitro, it brings most of his o2 by itself ut methanol not... and even nitro need some extra o2 from the air... so did you reduce the fuel amount?

maybe we can discuss how the big power gains from little nitro content comes from?

Thanks
Malte.
Old 29-09-2005, 09:46 PM

The thing is that nobody did a test with only 1 variable, and it's difficult. What I'm wondering about is that if you inject methanol & water, aren't you in fact enriching the mix beyond what is combustable?

I think that methanol and water really just cool the Air and the combustion, but nitromethane brings oxygen so it too can be blown up.

The 75hp or so that the guy was talking was probably achieved with just an increase in ignition advance and maybe a higher possible max boost. I really don't see how a 100ml/min injection of nitromethane can provide much in terms of HP. However... if you were to add nitrous oxide....

Speedy G
Old 29-09-2005, 09:55 PM

Hallo,

yes you are right... but hasn't he used water or warter/Methanol befor try nitro?
and if yes, its true that water and methanol cool the charge so can have an effect but nitro don't do that, it only brings some o2 (not much at 100ml/min) and some fuel so i normaly it should have no effect...

i guess i will have to tune a car in next spring with water/meth. injection and in this process i will do some test with different (small) nitro tests... maybe this gives us some compareable results...

buy hope someone can bring some stuff also into play ;-)

Thanks
Malte.
Old 30-09-2005, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrx79
mathematicaly thats maybe true, but why did the guy who started the thrad makes 75hp with his nitro mix? i don't see any reason for this...

I have my reservations regarding those figures.
Old 01-10-2005, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy G
100ml/min of PURE NitroMethane will only produce 3-4Hp?
Hallo Speedy G,

when you look at the snowperformance homepage there is a product called nitrobooster (mentioned earlier in this thread) if your calculations are correct then this product must be totaly stupid, because it will bring at least 1hp maximum...

the content of this bottle are 8oz =>226 grams even if its 100% nitro (which i don't think) and you fill it up into a 2qt tank of 50/50 W/M ... what nitro percentage you will get... very less... and so ... no hp increase... but can that be... ?!?

@janis: maybe you can give us some information about how the +75hp come together or if they are true...

Thanks
Malte.
Old 02-10-2005, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrx79
@janis: maybe you can give us some information about how the +75hp come together or if they are true...

Thanks
Malte.
the +75HP wasn't my car, it was his own car. He works for a tuning shop, the car has a lot of stuff installed that they sell, not just WI.

Janis
Old 08-10-2005, 12:11 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

We have found some interetsing results by running a small percentage of nitro (W50:M40:N10). We have gain more calculated power and retarded ignition (2-3 degrees).

This is most probably due to the engine speed of 8K+ and flame speed is more important to produce top-end power. (skyline)

I was trying establish if the retarded timing is good or bad - either the knock level was lowered or frame speed was higher due to the nitro. But power output is increased, so I have to assume that the flame speed is increased. Guessing at this stage. I am not going to push nitromethanol vs nitrous gas debate. It will no doubt appear soon on another thread.

Ideally, you want a fast burning+ high knock resistance fuel. Hotrod has posted some interesting additive on another post:
http://www.aquamist.co.uk/phpBB2/vie...t=457&start=45

I think either hotrod's suggested additive will be good for this or nitro can do the same thing. At present we are pushing forward on the nitro experiment.
Old 03-11-2005, 05:01 AM

Cool, I am eagerly awaiting the results of this test, I have read the thread, and really want to see if it is feasible. I have a snow kit, and have seen the nitrobooster on their site, and had some reservations about whether or not it was really all it is cracked up to be.

DP
Old 13-11-2005, 12:50 PM

Just joined up, and spotted this thread. I have never done any testing myself, but a while back, I did spot this thread over on another forum, where a guy did some testing with nitromethane. His quantities do sound a lot lower than you guys suggest.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showth...ighlight=nitro
Old 14-11-2005, 10:04 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieturbo
Just joined up, and spotted this thread. I have never done any testing myself, but a while back, I did spot this thread over on another forum, where a guy did some testing with nitromethane. His quantities do sound a lot lower than you guys suggest.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showth...ighlight=nitro
I have read through the above link, very intersting. I am not sure if I understand how they entercountered the drastic effect with only 4%. We have ran upto 20%, didn't experience such swing in the a/f ratio change.

Since I have only just started experimenting, my knowledge on the subject is not very good, but am learning slowly. But I can say that under careful controlled conditions, we have made good power with it for sure.

Richard