waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23-09-2011, 02:07 AM

Default WI and running rich

I read a thread that its not a good idea.. Here is my setup:

I did have the injection nozzle after the Intake Air Temperature sensor so the PCM would not see the lower temps. But as you can see, it is BEFORE the sensor now close to the coldside outlet of the intercooler. The intercooler is a AGP direct fit with race core. (4.5'' core)

My injector is 280-340 cc/m (CM5)

Running a progressive controller.

Pump turns on at 9psi @ 25% duty cycle
Then I have the MAX setting at 18psi @ 100% duty cycle. I spike around 23 ish but falls to 19 by redline. Pump is a 250psi pump set at 200psi. It is mounted in the trunk:

About 14 feet of brake hose line before the upper pressure pipe.

The car:

Dodge Neon SRT-4 with the Mopar Stage 3 upgrade. No tune, using the factory Stage 3 PCM parameters. Running water injection for the cleaning properties and being able to maybe run more boost int he future with a different WGA I have. AFR's are in the 10.3-11.0 by redline. Normal for Stage 3 to run rich. Thinking of running more boost since I am only seeing a .5kr around redline. IATs are very stable and seem to go down 5 degrees or so after eveyr pull. Stay in the low 90 degree range.

Any ideas on what my setting should be? Should I run more boost since I am running rich? Remember, no tuning device. 100% distilled water in tank.

Thanks for any help!