waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Old 30-08-2014, 06:40 PM

Default How To Properly Set P/I-R Trimmer

When tuning my HFS-4 board, I've been trying to research and understand the dynamic impact of my specific DI vehicle (2011 VW GTI) along with my hardware upgrades (small turbo upgrade, etc) and tuning software choice.

After choosing the correct jet sizes, I feel confident in my Gain / Threshold settings along with TRIG set to MPS. The one setting that has me really confused is P/I-R. How are other turbo/forced induction direct injection users choosing their P/I-R settings?

I assume the P/I-R setting should be dependent on the specific tuning software a user may have. Should I be capturing fuel trim logs and boost logs with my ODB VagCom reader then use the data to compile a proper P/I-R setting? Would anyone be able to tell me what data points could lead to the best P/I-R setting? Is there a way to read out the software on the HFS-4 board to lead to a better P/I-R setting choice?

Definition from the HFS-4 User Manual:
- P/I-R: Alter the flow relative to boost or fuel. For 100% boost controlled, set the trimmer fully counter-clockwise. Vice versa for fuel. Trimmer at mid point is 50% pressure and 50% IDC.

Thank you in advance for any advice or help you may be able to offer.