waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-4 forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15-02-2018, 12:28 AM

Default Need to rethink my HFS-4 setup - methanol difficult to source in California

Hey folks...

Long time no post.

Methanol is getting difficult to source here in California and I want to switch out to 100% distilled water from the supermarket.

Looking for feedback on how I re-implement this.

The engine is a 100% stock 3.6L VVT Pentastar in a Jeep wrangler with manual trans.

The blower is a TVS (a modern/more efficient roots style) and produces a peak, logged 10.01psi peak with the sprayer on at redline. I think i was logging ~9.25 or so with the sprayer off. It has an A/W IC.

Have been running the HFS-4 with MW50 now for a long time and it has been working well. I got some decent ignition timing advance and was running triggered on IDC vs MAP. I used IDC/MAP for a while but ended up back at IDC.

Based on the charts on the aquamist site, I will be going with a single .8mm and I plan to spray before an elbow leading immediately into the throttle body.

Questions:

Should I move the sprayer to after the TB? I might be able to barely fit one jet under the blower and IC but i don't think it will get very good distribution. This is why I am spraying before the blower.

In going with 100% water, I was also thinking to switch from IDC to MAP at least for setting the trigger point. Any feedback on how I should configure/reconfigure the HFS-4 for pure water?

Thanks in advance!

edit: p.s. I remembered that I need to switch out my restrictor and change the flow sensor solder jumper as part of this project as well.

Last edited by FI_Rubicon; 15-02-2018 at 12:44 AM.