waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Theory (what it is and what it does) > Avoiding Disaster

Old 14-08-2010, 08:40 AM

Default Is it possible to failsafe a centrifugal supercharger

I'm curious if there is a way to fail safe a centrifugal supercharger using water/meth? I have an ESS kit and they tune with a true ECU reflash. Obviously they hold the cards as far as further tuning goes. The kit uses a bypass valve, so how would I create a fail safe using an Aquamist kit? I understand it's not possible to fail safe to a different map with an ECU reflash tune. Is this correct? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Old 14-08-2010, 03:41 PM
Howerton Engineering

Default Re: Is it possible to failsafe a centrifugal supercharger

There are ways to dump boost on SC cars, the question is what the consequences are while driving and is it mechanically feasible. You could force the bypass valve open, but on some cars this will force the car to limp mode and require a key cycle to clear. You can also employ a BOV, and again, have to see how the ECU reacts. The Aquamist kits have all of the provisions, and we can make any electrical accessories needed, it is more a mechanical and ECU tuning issue.

Some applications just plain don't have space to put any more hardware in the right locations. We are waiting to clear a few projects from the schedule, and we will be testing a few different items for SC cars.