waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Theory (what it is and what it does) > Intercooler Effects

Old 15-09-2013, 01:16 PM

Default Re: injecting hot side

If you are only using pump fuel and because of this are severely knock limited, then I would just go with the typical WI setup and inject between the IC and intake valves.

I only posted the question to deal with charge air temperatures only. Nothing as to what might happen in the chamber, which is a key aim of a more typical WI installation.

Good info there though. Even at 40psi boost, water would still boil off at 130degC. So water should remove a fair chunk of heat if injected hot side.
Old 15-09-2013, 06:18 PM

Would then it not be beneficial for me, who is under endowed in the intercooler area, to inject both pre and post? First for IAT and second for in cylinder benefits?
Ideally I`d have a massive garrett cored air to air intercooler but just don`t have the room.
Thanks for your input Stevie, you`ve offered advice for me here and PH now!
Old 15-09-2013, 06:26 PM

Have you actually established what your charge temperatures are yet ?

For most normal applications, injecting after the IC is the done thing and I see little reason to change that

Especially when using methanol.

I'd say the hot side is simply too hot, and it would take large amounts of methanol to actually do anything.

But it as all speculation. I'd like to find out what pre-IC charge temps are actually like in this instance. Hopefully can do that soon

At the minute he is just working on allowing cool air actually into the air filter to see if that helps matters. After that, may change current core to a Garrett core.
Allegedly they are supposed to be fantastic.

Last edited by stevieturbo; 15-09-2013 at 06:30 PM.