waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Theory (what it is and what it does) > General Effects

Old 24-05-2006, 02:55 PM

Default Hi i am new, and have Questions. :D

Hi i drive a Supra MKIII runs last jear at 24 PSI 547 HP

i run with elektronics beside the original ecu. like VPC, GCC, F-con.

Now i run a Stand alone AEM ecu, i want to raise the Boost and make the ignition advance after the water ignition is working.

How much degrees you set the ignition advance in your cars after the injektion is working?

want to use only water to cool the cylinders more, i need it not to cool air have a big intercooler and the Air in front of the intake is only 8 degree hotter as the air surround so i use it only to cool engine and run more boost.
Before i use the AEM i start to injekt at 15 PSI at round about 24 PSI my injection runs at max power.
I inject 1 liter per min 0,22 Galones.

Now i want to make the ignition advance and run with maximal boost of 35 PSI after the injektion is working.
Now its verry interesting for me to know how much degree you all advance your ignition after the injection is working.
Each degree is good Power.

Greetings from Germany

I know my English is verry worse
Old 26-05-2006, 04:40 PM

no one drive ignition advance with waterinjection?
Old 28-05-2006, 03:12 AM

Ignition advance with water injection, should not change very much. Probably 2-3 degrees additional advance depending on how much water/alcohol you inject.

The water injection may allow more advance but I don't recommend you add very much, as it greatly increases cylinder pressures.

It is hard to give you a fixed amount to add, because every engine and system is different.

It is very easy to add too much advance with very little power gain. What many do not understand is when you see little or no gain with each added degree of ignition timing you are probably already over advanced for maximum performance. If you make an error it is much better to use less ignition advance than ideal than it is to use too much.

If I were you I would make small changes, in boost and then see what timing works best. Then you take another slightly higher boost level and repeat. This would be much safer than just adding a recommended amount of ignition advance.

Good luck with your project.

Larry