waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Old 03-08-2013, 10:33 PM

Default Pre And Post Turbo Injection?

Hey guys,

I've got a 96 Talon TSI AWD that I want to run methanol injection (straight methanol) to make up for the lack of decent octane around here and push my set up just a little further.
Also since I've got a small-ish turbo (Evo 3 16G) I want to run pre turbo water injection to push the efficiency of the turbo a bit further.
I assume for this I'd need two separate systems. I'm looking at the HFS-3 for the methanol, would it benefit me to run the same set up for the water injection or should I just run simpler with just a pump, tank and pressure switch?

I'm eyeing that nozzle mount that Aquamist makes that fits right in the turbos inlet.

Thanks!
Old 03-08-2013, 11:47 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: Pre And Post Turbo Injection?

Can you use 50:50, saving you having to run two systems.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:16 AM

I could but from what I've read, straight methanol would give me better gains post turbo.
I don't mind having to run 2 systems (however it's a bit of cash to out lay).
Old 04-08-2013, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurred Talon View Post
I could but from what I've read, straight methanol would give me better gains post turbo.
I don't mind having to run 2 systems (however it's a bit of cash to out lay).
Injecting pre-turbo can damage the turbo wheel at least that is what I read many times. Also if your setup has an intercooler, injecting pre-turbo would not be a good idea especially with up and down tubing.

Injecting into the engine directly pre-throttle is the most efficient way of injecting water/methanol at the same time
Old 12-05-2014, 07:14 PM

^
all of the pre turbo set ups i have seen with damaged wheels, have been because of the install. you want to spray DIRECTLY a the wheel. if you spray into the tube, away from the wheel, the water will puddle up along the walls of the intake tube and get sucked in. not good. all of the systems i have seen properly installed, have had ZERO wheel issues and very good benefits.
Old 06-07-2014, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsuman View Post
^
all of the pre turbo set ups i have seen with damaged wheels, have been because of the install. you want to spray DIRECTLY a the wheel. if you spray into the tube, away from the wheel, the water will puddle up along the walls of the intake tube and get sucked in. not good. all of the systems i have seen properly installed, have had ZERO wheel issues and very good benefits.
this was the answer i was looking for.
how many did you see ?
also daily drivers ?
Old 07-07-2014, 03:10 PM

If you want to run two systems, I would just buy the highest psi pump you can, rig up a hobbs switch, small tank and nozzle. But i would probably use one system unless you wanted the challenge.(I might try it on my Redline, or I might use my extra PWI-1 for the pre-SC and the HFS kit for post-SC) I think the law of diminishing returns will get you though.