waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Old 25-05-2017, 03:21 PM

Default HFS4 Install on Non Intercooled 2l Turbo

G'day guys,

I've had the pleasure of installing a HFS4 system into the car pictured below. The owner uses the same engine as I do in my Datsun 1600, The mighty FJ20et from a 1984 Nissan DR30 Skyline. Because of the inablity to fit an inter cooler due to limited space in the engine bay, the owner decided to utilize WMI for charge air cooling and contacted me after seeing the results I've achieved with WMI. I advised him on which system to purchase, I took carriage of the install once the system arrived.

I used the 3 jets that came with the system. A 0.5mm jet was mounted pre turbo, a 1.2mm jet was mounted directly after the turbo and a 1.0mm jet was mounted a short distance from the throttle body. I also installed an Eboost 2 electronic boost controller and wired the aquamist fail safe relay to the wastegate solenoid.

The install was completed last weekend. As a part of the set up procedure, the owner and I took the car for a drive to ensure that all was well. The system performed as intended. We even saw a 60 degree celsius drop in intake air temps using 100% water. The car will be tuned this Tuesday on 50:50 water meth. I will post the results once the tuning has finished.
Cheers.

Old 27-06-2017, 04:28 AM

Default Re: HFS4 Install on Non Intercooled 2l Turbo

G'day Guys,

After a few minor changes to the HFS4 system, the car was tuned on the weekend. The ambient air temp was around 18 degrees C and without the water meth injection activated, the car made 265 hp @ 16 psi boost. Intake air temps peaked at around 107 degrees C.
From there we turned on the Aquamist system and saw the IATs reduced to 45 degrees C at the same boost level. We then begun turning up the boost. At 25 psi, the IATs were beginning to reach 70 degrees C. At this stage, the decision was made to fit an extra 0.6 mm (260 cc) jet, roughly 400 mm from the compressor discharge, between the 1.0 and 1.2mm jets. Boost was then increased to 28 psi; with a corresponding power output of 345 hp. IATs peaked at 60 degrees C.

The water injection system utilises 1.2mm, 1.0mm, 0.6 mm and 0.5 mm jets and 180 psi pump pressure (set via the allen key screw in the pump head). Maximum flow is calculated at round about 1500cc/min. It should be noted that no changes were made to the ignition timing. There may be an opportunity in the near future to experiment with ignition timing but it would require some addition charge air cooling to remain on the safe side.

Cheers.

Old 04-10-2017, 09:50 AM

Default Re: HFS4 Install on Non Intercooled 2l Turbo

Cool, another fantastic gain, 80hp over straight pump gas.