waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Diesel

Old 26-01-2005, 05:38 PM

Default Water Injection for 306 TD

Just a quick question, i have a Peugeot 306 TD with mods (see below) and will shortly be upgrading to a full front mounted intercooler setup aswell. Now since aquamist is just down the road for me it would be silly not to take advantage. I've read about a few 306 TD's with water/methanol injection and am wondering if its worth upgrading to water injection also. How effective is WI on diesels? Since i'm running an uprated setup on my car, heat is fast becoming a problem, so would upgrading to WI lower temps enough to make a real difference? :?
Full Mongoose exhaust system
Upped boost and fueling
Old 03-02-2005, 10:25 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: Water Injection for 306 TD

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstareddie
Just a quick question, i have a Peugeot 306 TD with mods (see below) and will shortly be upgrading to a full front mounted intercooler setup aswell. Now since aquamist is just down the road for me it would be silly not to take advantage. I've read about a few 306 TD's with water/methanol injection and am wondering if its worth upgrading to water injection also. How effective is WI on diesels? Since i'm running an uprated setup on my car, heat is fast becoming a problem, so would upgrading to WI lower temps enough to make a real difference? :?
Water with methanol is very effective with methanol without any chipping. Since diesel has no throttle plate, as soon as you put fuel into the engine, the power just goes up. Fuel can be cooking oil, engine oil of olive oil.

But when you add methanol, you must be very careful. Neat methanol causes instant onset of detonation and you must add water to prevent it from happening. I have done extensive tests on small diesel engines and have found a mere 20% of methanol in water will induce detonation. I have found 12.5% methanol in water to be safe and get good power gain but you have to use more boost and nearly 20-30% of water to be effective. Diesel will still run with 300% water to fuel!!!

If your car is producing excessive heat, WI injection will be a withwhile addition, turn those heat to pressure.