waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Theory (what it is and what it does) > Injection Mixtures

Old 10-08-2007, 10:17 PM

Default Nitrous and Meth in a Wet Nitrous setup??

A member on NASIOC has posted this thread. This is something I had never thought of before, and I'm wondering how feasible it is. Anyone ever tried it??

Richard, no doubt you've seen this thread already since your over there a lot.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1322726

Very intresting idea

DP
Old 13-08-2007, 12:25 PM

Well, First off, it is no big deal to use a separate tank. I used to use a separate tank on my nitrous system to inject cam 2 with the nitrous shot instead of the regular 94 octane I would run in the large tank. It was only a 50 hp shot on a Chrysler 400, but it worked great and turned a very heavy car into a rocketship!
The second thing I would say, is that one should consider the BTU value of Methanol. Now I am not really sure, but I think meth has around 60% the energy that gasoline does, (despite its higher octane) and contrary to some suggestions on the link you posted, I think more, not less methanol should be used. There is also something about methanol releasing more gravimetric energy (per pound) at stoichiometry (and power?) than gasoline, even though it has less BTUs.

One other thing I would suggest is that someone think about any chemical reactions that may occur between the two fuels, (gas and Meth) and the Oxidizer (nitrous). Would this make some form of nitro-methane? Would there be some synergistic effect using the Meth and Nitrous together that would create more energy than they would separately? Would this make SUPERNITRO-METHANE? How about the alcohol dragsters, how do they tune for nitrous?

My suggestion:
Just do it, never mind test benching. Just be careful, maybe start mixing some in with your fuel in a separate tank, but I think larger jetting will be required.
Tony
88 Megasquirt Toyota Pickup