waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Other > Gallery - NEW

Old 17-06-2006, 03:14 PM

Can't you increase the pump pressure on that pump? It should have a hex head screw on the top of it, turn CW to increase pressure. You can also take the red wire before the pressure switch, cut it and splice it to the red wire to the motor. You now have a 200+ psi pump.
Old 17-06-2006, 03:18 PM

There is an adjustment screw, but it says it for the pump cut off pressure. It has a cutoff built in when it reaches a certain pressure. I assumed its max was 45psi, and i could only adjust the cutoff down from there...?
Old 17-06-2006, 04:45 PM

Email sent.
Old 19-06-2006, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastAOD
FWIW, I used to run 40* total with the ditributor locked on my last Strim stang. 19psi and good gas with water...Lasted about 2 years of beating the piss out of it.... LOL But i did put holes in several pistons....LOL

Thanks again,

....Looks like i want the Pump at the bottom of the page, its the only one listed as 150psi....Sucks too because i paid $90 for this 45psi, and that other high pressure one is $132! Damn....The other place has their own for $80? Is this place legit? LOL
40* total advance on 19 psi?! You, my friend, have some big, brass balls!
DSMs run in the neighborhood of 19*-24* total advance at WOT with no knock retard. And even then without a good tune they can detonate at times.

As for the pump, I personally haven't ordered a 150 psi pump yet so I can't give you any first-hand experience, but a friend of mine just got his in from Coolingmist and it all checks out fine. He had no problems with them at all. As for the 150 psi pump from Spraying Equipment Supply, I think it's a little bit different in design and a local RV dealership that does a lot of business with Shurflo didn't come up with any price or availability with that part number so I'd be a bit hesitant to order it.

Quote:
5.0s and turbos fit so well under the hood of Fox-bodies! I love how spartan the engine bay is. Very nicely done!
Old 19-06-2006, 10:31 PM

Thanks for the kind words Nathan...

Im trying to figure out how to modify this pump i have to flow more pressure. Ive heard it can be done, but havent verified it yet.
Old 20-06-2006, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the kind words Nathan...

Im trying to figure out how to modify this pump i have to flow more pressure. Ive heard it can be done, but havent verified it yet.
No problem about the compliments. I can definitely appreciate a well put together car. There's just something about those turbo Mustangs...

As for the pump, you can adjust the pressure but you'll need a gauge to verify it. Also, being that the pump was designed to run ~45 psi I wouldn't jack it up too much above that. That being said, here's the hex screw for adjusting the pressure:
Old 20-06-2006, 05:31 PM

Nathan,

I do not have an 8000series pump. ops:

Mine is a 2088 i believe....So i guess i need an 8k series?
Old 20-06-2006, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Nathan,

I do not have an 8000series pump. ops:

Mine is a 2088 i believe....So i guess i need an 8k series?
Ah, there's the crux of the matter! :wink:
I was making the assumption that you were using the ever-popular 8000 Series pump.

In taking a look at the 2088 Series pumps they all seem to put out the same pressure (45 psi) and vary on their flow rates. Also, it doesn't look like the pressure is adjustable at all. At that lower water pressure, when you take boost pressure into account you're really not seeing a whole lot of water pressure at the nozzle. I'm definitely not saying it doesn't work as you have it set up now, but I am saying that you'd definitely benefit from a 100 psi 8000 Series pump and a nozzle that's designed to operate at those pressures.
Old 13-12-2007, 02:29 AM

Just found the thread and wanted to give compliments on both stangs. Are you gus members of theturboforums.com, formerly turbomustangs?