waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Old 11-12-2017, 05:45 PM

Default Pump Engine Bay Placement

I've been informed that placing the Aquamist pump in the engine bay is prone do introduce it to moisture which may cause accelerated failure. Has anyone ever tested putting the motor inside an additional housing while keeping it in the engine bay or does anyone have any experience with pump failures that were installed in the engine bay?

Thanks,

~Anthony
Old 12-12-2017, 09:54 AM

Default Re: Pump Engine Bay Placement

Besides moisture, there is also a heat problem. Engine bays tend to get very hot and make it a very demanding area for electronics. Unless the pump is actually designed for engine bay operating conditions, I doubt it is, it will not last long.
If you run a metering valve such as the Aquamist HSV or FAV near the injectors, there is no need to have the pump and reservoir in the engine bay. Just install it in the boot compartment and run the pressurised line to the front. As you support a rather powerful engine, I'd suggest you run a 6mm OD/4mm ID line to the front.
Old 13-12-2017, 10:33 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm3boost View Post
I've been informed that placing the Aquamist pump in the engine bay is prone do introduce it to moisture which may cause accelerated failure. Has anyone ever tested putting the motor inside an additional housing while keeping it in the engine bay or does anyone have any experience with pump failures that were installed in the engine bay?

Thanks,

~Anthony
All Aquatec pumps are prone to corrosion, only aquamist highlights this issue. This is a sound advice used against aquamist by other uniformed wmi makers.

The warmed air in the engine bay will condense on the bearing surfaces, over time, corrosion sets in. A shielded/shrouded pump will not cure this problem, merely delays the same outcome. Aquatec has never offered a IP65 rated pump.
Old 13-12-2017, 10:36 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotrex View Post
Besides moisture, there is also a heat problem. Engine bays tend to get very hot and make it a very demanding area for electronics. Unless the pump is actually designed for engine bay operating conditions, I doubt it is, it will not last long.
If you run a metering valve such as the Aquamist HSV or FAV near the injectors, there is no need to have the pump and reservoir in the engine bay. Just install it in the boot compartment and run the pressurised line to the front. As you support a rather powerful engine, I'd suggest you run a 6mm OD/4mm ID line to the front.
We do supply 6mm hose for all the HFS systems since 2008. We put warning label on every kit we supply.