waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Diesel

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-01-2011, 10:41 PM

Default Turbo Technics fail miserably

I dropped off a Turbo from a 1.9CDTI in December, for Turbo Technics to look at and try to hybrid. They stripped it and came back to me with a hybrid option and a price and told me they could have it done by mid January. I rang them today to check some specs and pay only to be told to do one. Apparently they have designed a unit but never made one and so won't sell me one?!? So after agreeing to make me one and giving me a time for delivery, they have now turned round and said they won't supply one at present. I am some what unamused to say the least. This is not the first time they have said they could supply something and then changed their mind when I goto pay and I am not sure I would recomend them anymore.

I was hoping to reduce the amount of methanol while increasing the pressure and maintaining about 1.2 ltr/min. By using the same amount of injection and no extra diesel, I turned up the boost on the standard turbo and saw a clearly measurable increase in performance. I would like to have seen if that continued relatively with even more pressure.