waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Old 24-08-2012, 10:16 PM

Default Element Hydramist universal instal

I purchased a used Element Hydramist kit under some false pretenses, sold as everything included just needs tank, works independently...

The kits is missing the Tank hookup, the jets/sprayers and Y fitting for the jets.
I made a tank and a fitting, still have to source the jets and a 4mmY fitting for the jets.

I have read and downloaded all kinds of info on the Hydramist and Aquamist with DDS3 v8 junction board but still have questions:

Can I run the Element Hydramist off a SDS (simple digital system) EIC (Electronic injector controller), it uses a map sensor and rpm signals to engage two extra injectors (Low impedance) at a set boost, it's controller has threshold (at what boost it comes on) and gain (sets the amount of fuel injected). Does the impedance of the injector signal used matter as a trigger?
I realize tuning will require more work, changing the injector gain would effect the entire hydrasmist set-up and would involve lowering the injector gain and increasing the hydramist trip adjust until the right combination is found.

About the Fail safe for manual boost controller set-up, I am using a Tial external waste gate, all waste gates function the same but the tial uses a different boost controller set up, the waste gate hoses go like this:

. . . . . . . . . . . . ______(MBC)___|(T)_____Top fitting on waste gate
Turbo__________|(T)____________________W aste gate actuator

The MBC is a straight through valve it bleeds off the extra boost desired and sends it to a fitting on the top of the waste gate to help balance the exhaust pressure pushing on the waste gate valve and maintain increased boost.

I planed on install a second bleed style boost controller, use the first one to set default (fail safe) boost and the second one to increase boost while the water/meth injection is on.
Using the standard control valve Mac/Clippard valve in the instructions

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . __________________________
. . . . . . . . . . . . ______(MBC)___|(T)_|___Top fitting on waste gate.|
Turbo__________|(T)____________________W aste gate actuator. . . .|
. . . . . . . . . . . . . .(T)|__(Solenoid)__|(T). . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|___(MBC). . . .|(Fitting capped off). . . . . . . .|
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|_________________________________|

I have searched for and wonder if you know off a straight through pneumatic control valve, 12V opened --- 0V shut or are they reversible ?
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _________________________
. . . . . . . . . . . . ______(MBC)___|(T)__|__Top fitting on waste gate |
Turbo__________|(T)____________________W aste gate actuator. . . |
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . |
. . . . . . . . . . . .Solenoid valve (default/opened, Fail safe/closed). . . .|
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . |
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .MBC (boost to be added with water/meth). .|
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|___________________________________|

Last edited by Mazda Carnage; 02-09-2012 at 04:39 AM.
Old 24-08-2012, 11:15 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: Element Hydramist universal instal

I have to read this about more before replying.
Old 28-08-2012, 04:22 AM

Default Re: Element Hydramist universal instal

Mixture suggestions? I planned on running 50% methyl hydrate and 50% water but my main goal is detonation prevention at high boost and high rpm (*) to much timing advance on the factory ECU

Any one have any jet size recommendations?

The car is a Mazda Mx6 GT 2.2l, 12V Sohc 7.8:1 compression, running stock ignition maps (OBD1), I have no timing control, * red line/rpm cut is 6200RPM, peak torque torque hits between 3000 and 3200 rpm .
It runs 4x 330cc injectors and 2 extra 670 cc injectors (before the throttle body)fuel economy is average 16.5 mpg or 14.26L per 100km (after 68 fuel ups) .

I estimate (goal) between 325 and 350 whpr which would also make 450+ftlb torque.

The Elemental Hydramist installation for the Subaru 's states .9mm and .8mm below 350 whpr and .9mm + 1mm above 350 whpr, I was thinking 2x .9mm might be the best balance between the two, but my cars not a Subaru, the engine and ecu are primitive by today's standards...

The car runs 21lbs of boost regularly but I did blow an engine once at the track at that boost I plan on running 18-19 psi without the water/meth injection and 22-23 with the water meth system running, however if I can safely run a few extra PSi boost at the track I will.

This is the engine/set up the kit will go on: