waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-4 forum

Old 25-06-2016, 01:35 AM

Default Adjusting ingition map according to flow sensor feedback

I have an Aquamist HFS4 system installed and connected to a Link ECU. I have an auxiliary output from the link connected to the fuel injector input of the Aquamist. The duty cycle of the Aux output is determined by a 3D table in the Link which allows me to deliver a DC value according to Boost/RPM. The Aquamist's flow sensor output (0-5v signal) is fed back to the Link ECU. I am currently injecting a 50/50 meth/water mix but plan to increase to 75%, and then 100% methanol once I am confident everything is working solidly.

My ambition is to set up the Link ECU to use the value from the flow signal to adjust the ignition timing and, to a lesser extent, the fuel map. So basically, the timing will be advanced and the fuel (gas) will be reduced as the value from the flow sensor increases. The Link ECU allows me to do this with 4D fuel and ignition tables and I already have them set up with very minimal values as proof of concept that it works.

My reasoning is that this will be a safer way of tuning for a large percentage of methanol to gas. i.e. my engine has (4) 550cc injectors (2200 total) and I have two Aquamist nozzles giving me approximately 1000cc of flow.

I was wondering if anyone else has tried this and how effective/successful it was.

I do have the failsafe output from the Aquamist connected to the Link and it serves to disable the 4D tables as well as the high-boost wastegate DC table. I also plan to set up a general purpose limit table that can switch to low boost if AFR vs. MAP is unsafe.
Old 26-06-2016, 04:55 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: Adjusting ingition map according to flow sensor feedback

Since wmi does not come as standard from car manufacturers, the ability of pushing the efficiency of an engine is limited to the fuel octane.

Wmi is only available as an aftermarket add-on. Your set up is a very effective use of an aquamist system fully integrated with the engine management. Probably is the only system on the market that tracks fuel flow.

We have a few customers engaging on this method of tuning over the years but only limited to a handful of tuning tools that can re-purpose or hi-jack the factory ECU's I.O ports for the purpose of wmi integration. Otherwise it is only limited to third party ECUs such as Hydra, Haltec, Motec etc...

Ecutek and Coob offers this integration on their pro-tune packages. I believe Ecutek is more advanced on all platforums. But pro-tune is not available for the Joe public.

This is the state of play for the time being ...