waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-4 forum

Old 04-05-2013, 12:27 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: False flow readings from flow sensor.

I will keep my figures crossed.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:10 PM

Still getting false readings, but only when the system sprays some meth, otherwise i can drive the car and not get any readings, but once some meth sprays gauge lights up like a Christmas tree (even with the car idling) with flow bars getting stuck in the middle and then bouncing up and down. As of now im out of options, and few guys have the system wired the same way as I do on the same car. My last thing is to have the whole module on my lap with the flow sensor right next to me inside the car, if the gauge still lights up then what?
Old 05-05-2013, 09:16 PM

maybe i should just buy another flow sensor from Howerton Engineering and see if that helps. Are there any other flow sensors that work with the hfs4.

Last edited by dave80; 05-05-2013 at 09:18 PM.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:37 PM

Are you sure the readings are false? A clogged nozzle can produce 'up and down' readings. High inital flow on activation can be produced by multiple injectors with no check valve between them if there is pressure differential which can allow the system to be sucked dry when not running. This results in a surge on start up. Vacum between two injectors can cause debris to be pulled in through the injector as the crankcase is often vented through the intake.
I suffered problems like this initially but it was more than worth it in the end.
Good luck,

Cheers!

Last edited by Kapt. Q; 05-05-2013 at 09:40 PM.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:08 PM

each jet has a check valve. I had all the jets out last weekend and jumped the "sys" on control module to make sure flow was good. No leaks, no kinked wires, everything wired up correctly. Also, getting a .5mm jet tommorow so i will check it one more time when i install it.
Old 06-05-2013, 12:12 AM

OK.............it is the flow sensor picking something up when it goes through the cars firewall. I just drove the car with the flow sensor resting on the passengers seat and it didn't show any readings on the gauge.................grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr back to the drawing board. Need to find that sweet spot for that harness, or move the fav somewhere else.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:44 PM

Dave,

Is the wire running near the back of the headlight? I recently moved some excess wire I had and stuffed it behind the headlight housing and I was getting false readings on the gauge. After I moved the wire and put the flow sensor straight up it went away.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:00 PM

Looks like i finally have the issue gone. Lol, i actually moved the fav right behind the headlight on the passenger side and good so far for two days. I think the fav was too close to the alternator. Any idea what is the max i can run the meth line between the fav and distribution block. I'm thinking of putting the fav under windshield rain tray.
Old 10-05-2013, 05:37 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

The flow detection device comprised of a magnetic wheel and a hall-effect sensor, it can be affected by any magnetic flux close by. The alternator can be one of those sources.
Old 13-05-2013, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L View Post
The flow detection device comprised of a magnetic wheel and a hall-effect sensor, it can be affected by any magnetic flux close by. The alternator can be one of those sources.
it's very sensitive for sure, but i'm running trouble free now