waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-3 forum

Old 19-05-2010, 11:58 PM

Default setting up fail safe eta

1. finally finished the install just wanted to check im doing a few things correctly setting the sc at full flow 5/6 bars is that full flow on the road at full throttle or is that full flow with the jumper in system ?

2. the red B led seems to come on a lot what is this telling me the manual is not that clear if the B led is surposed to come on, at what point should it come on and dose the B cover WL or WH ???????

at the moment every time i floor the car i seem to get a differant reading and i can feel the car having its boost cut and i cant seem to pin the sc at 5/6 on road test any info would be most apprcated many thanks rs4steve
Old 20-05-2010, 12:56 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: setting up fail safe eta

1. The 5-6 bars should realistic be set on the road, but it will be close if your car uses the full duty cycle of fuel injector.

2. The "B" led indicates the flow is inside the failsafe window after system activation. If you set the WL and WH correctly. The "B" led should stay on during water spray.

3. I suggest disconnecting the boost until the failsafe window is set correctly. You will never get the same reading with the boost cut in circuit.

Your aim is to have a sustainable "B" led during your WOT runs.
Old 20-05-2010, 08:35 AM

thank you richard i will hopefully finish the fine tunning later on today and i will pop over in a bit to change over a couple of those jets as well.
thankyou for the advice
Old 20-05-2010, 04:15 PM

system is set up failsafe adjusted seems to work fine , very nice peace of kit.
when i set the sc wl wh i disconnected the boost cut to the cars om boost control valve as you righty said which is not easy to get to i was just wondering if there was a way of doing that from the hfs-3 control unit by moving a jumper ?
Old 29-05-2010, 09:01 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Great idea, I am woking on the next batch of HFS-3 circuit board, I will add this "disable fail-safe" jumper link.

Thank you.